The Spire at the Presidio.

i also think its a waste of money but it will be something historical and i think would have been a cool project to be on.

Weeeeeel I almost said sumtim ... but ya beat me Brian.. LOL. Rob was over here lookin at this thread said "FOR WHAT????? " with his snear included... LOL

Making the piece of art impermanent appeals to the Bay Area's Buddhist sensibilities, they'd of made it out of Yak butter if they could stack it that high.

Naw, I'm cool.

I'm a tax and spend liberal.

What's clearly at work here are the spend and spend republicans.

Yeah, the town is a liberal haven. My daughter has become a liberal living there. I may need to do an intervention.:D

Standing by itself a dead Monterey Cypress has fair rot resistance, but bunched up in a bundle like that the logs will hold a lot of moisture within. The sapwood will get punky and begin sloughing off... 15 years lifetime? The liability would be the end of it.

It'll be interesting to see how it goes.

Is there a sign that describes the object? Hopefully they left a little space where they can write in, "The Rotting Spire", at some point. No connection to the activities of the large fag population there, of course.

That was hilarious Steve. Lol.

I stand corrected Willie, must be some sappy tree hugging liberal thunk that one up.

The question is who is gonna get the contract to remove it:/:;)

matches3.jpg

It is obvious that you guys don't have any appreciation of art.
I on the other hand am a renowned artist.

Some 10 years ago I had to remove a dead elm by an art gallery.
The gallery owner decided to have a chainsaw carver make something artistic out of it, so I was asked to just cut all the thin branches of and cut all the thick ones back to 5-6 feet.
They never got around to carving the sculpture, the tree is still there, quite rotten by now.

However, 5 years ago they had a "land art" festival in the little town, arranged by the gallery. The picture that made it into the national papers as an example of "land art" was a picture of the poor mutilated elm, that I left standing.

So there you go: Stig Bredsgard, Land artist!

Back