The Official Work Pictures Thread

Those after a Euro boot check out the Andrews Cervino. I have had a pair for over3 years now. Granted I use lighter boots for pruning.

Did a days contract climbing today and on the way home was asked to check out a job and quote near to my property.

I turned up to look at a number of trees, one in particular was causing the HO a headache. We had big winds over Easter and one of the trees in the edge of his woodland had pitched over and the entire root plate was coming off the granite. It was like walking on a mattress. The tree was directly leaning about 30 degrees from upright and would have landed right in the septic tanks and well for the properties.

Decided to try and get a line in it, if only to brace it. The winds were gusting and you could see the roots lifting about 4 inches with each blow. Got a line in pretty high between gusts and tied a rope off to my truck. Bearing in mind I am on my own and the earliest we could get there would be Monday or Tuesday next week. Decided I need the truck to pull the line into the stem a bit more and in the process the pulled it upright again.

Spoke to the client, who wasn’t onsite and gave him the options. Guy it off and hope for the best or go for the fell between gusts.

I ended up felling it, cleared everything and the straight hinge held true. I left it fat as it had started to open on the back it but I didn’t want it going before I was ready and losing the tree over the tanks.

Ran like billy-o in an arc outside the fall line of the tree. Jumped in the truck and floored it. Came over a treat.

Not the tallest of trees but it would have certainly hurt if you got it in the eye.

Bit of a heart pumper doing that shit solo, but the customer was over the moon a will sleep better tonight.

7D95AB92-43D7-4667-A480-4B9E779013DB.jpeg A93FF4A5-1F3C-41B3-8CE0-3A50E57B9642.jpeg 4386DBDD-1A40-4FAA-A080-0F551ABE15EF.jpeg 7263885F-ADE4-4F7E-82C0-305A1A08437B.jpeg

Last edited:
I had it in 4h just in case as it was gravel. But when it stood up straight I knew it would come over, just wasn’t sure if the hinge would hold and I didn’t want to lose it sideways. You can see in the last picture the green disc on the floor. That is the top of the septic/black water tank and the well next to it. The tree, if gravity had its way would have landed right on it.

I had to throw line for that area and during the gusts a couple of times I almost pegged it at the tree looked like it was gonna pop the last few roots out and come down.

Thanks Burnham.

Nothing to what you guys deal with in the PNW but it was more the collateral damage that was arse puckering. Nothing is cheap in Norway, by that read everything is double what it should cost. The customer had bought the Farm and renovated outbuilding for rental, finished his own property and then built a huge stables for livery. He sure didn't want to have to replace the tanks.

We have about 6 Large Poplar (Aspen) to work on right next the new stables and livery next week. I spotted Hawk Moth larvae holes in the bases of 4 of the Pops and another had included bark ears bigger than Dumbo, so that ones coming out swell.

If it is a nice day then I'll get some pictures.

Those after a Euro boot check out the Andrews Cervino. I have had a pair for over3 years now. Granted I use lighter boots for pruning.

I've got a pair that I traded one of my buds, I found the instep to be weird for hooks. Not flat before the heel. Kind of sloped back. Otherwise I really like them. PS, if anyone is interested I'd part with them cheap.

Last edited:
Rich, are those Redwings?

What does the owner do if you are doing the bidding?

The saddle is the Empire from Treestuff. Basically an ergo lite with bat plates. I think that the actual ergo lite uses rings instead of plates. I just ordered a saddle from August yesterday. I really miss my onyx but like the monkey beaver design as well. Hoping the New Tribe comfort is the same.
That’s definately a rope boner! Must’ve slipped out from under the belt
Yes they are redwings. Can’t remember the model number off hand. 4417 maybe. I don’t mind them but I haven’t tried anything else really. I might try one of these newer style boots someday. They’ll have to calm the colors down on some of them for me to even consider them.
I’m bidding primarily residential and the boss is doing primarily commercial and utility. The storm that rolled through had me running all day for five days straight. Only one storm bid today and a bunch of “scared” bids.

Last edited:
Rich, it's sounding like you do everything short of writing the checks. And i know the feeling of desiring/ wishing to be back on the tools, i choose a different path (different trade obviously, and i wasn't bidding).

Yeah I was running ragged doing every big nasty job that came along. I still enjoy the work and the challenge but I can’t keep that pace up forever. Time to start slowing down a bit. I’m pretty much in charge of the res side with 3 crews and possibly a fourth. I’ll also be floating between the crews to advise and help as needed.

The saddle is the Empire from Treestuff. Basically an ergo lite with bat plates. I think that the actual ergo lite uses rings instead of plates. I just ordered a saddle from August yesterday. I really miss my onyx but like the monkey beaver design as well. Hoping the New Tribe comfort is the same.
That’s definately a rope boner! Must’ve slipped out from under the belt
Yes they are redwings. Can’t remember the model number off hand. 4417 maybe. I don’t mind them but I haven’t tried anything else really. I might try one of these newer style boots someday. They’ll have to calm the colors down on some of them for me to even consider them.
I’m bidding primarily residential and the boss is doing primarily commercial and utility. The storm that rolled through had me running all day for five days straight. Only one storm bid today and a bunch of “scared” bids.
If you liked the Onyx your gonna like/love the MB... Very similar saddles with subtle differences...The MB is super comfy and a true working saddle, with a great layout for a working pro like yourself... The MB has more control over leg pad placement so once you really get them dialed in the MB is the beez knees. Congrats on the new harness...

Bah, i will never wear a pair of redwings again. Horrible quality, backed by only worse service. The us union made Carolina's are decent, but since i found nick's customs and ariat/ justin's/ renegade slip ons (cheap and disposable but oh so handy) I'll never go back. Was hoping to get a pair of the nicks engineer boots for my slip on use, but with uncertain work outlook they will have to wait. My slip ons are about done tho, so i might look into a pair of Carolinas to get me through another year or so, and attempt to resole my nicks myself after having it take a month the last time i had it done locally. Slip ons are terrible for your feet doing actual work, but when you are switching to mud boots at the drop of a hat and also having to kneel all day they work out pretty well.

Yesterday was a day of matainance around here... Full filters, air filter, oil change, and transfer case fluid change on the cummins.. Oil change and servicing on Cornbread (5180, and pulled an 090 out and got her cleaned up and running good..

IMG_1327.JPG

Last edited:
Back