The Official Work Pictures Thread

I

Standard old school fair around here....folks have been shitting in wood septic tanks for a very long time, and Redwood makes a particularity good one...Think of all the old Redwood water tanks that have been in service for eons....I live in an old shotgun loggers cabin that was built around the turn of the century and the current septic was installed in the 60's. If you keep it functioning, dont allow it to dry up, and dont abuse then they can go a very long time...

That's amazing

How long is a long time? A septic tank is one of those do it once and then never do it again type things.....

As I said the tank at my little shack was installed in the 60's from really nice Redwood and the last time we had it cleaned it was fit as a fiddle inside....

A Norway Maple. All.the branch unions were so tight that I spent too much time getting my rope untangled. It was a nice sunny day.

Attachments

• IMG_20200411_154948.jpg
    IMG_20200411_154948.jpg
    196.7 KB · Views: 10
  • IMG_20200411_095008.jpg
    IMG_20200411_095008.jpg
    191.6 KB · Views: 10
Rico, do you also use jacks? Silvey is the only jack name I know...have seen some good posts by Jerry and Burnham with Silveys...Willie SOTC, too, I think.

I love seeing the pictures of the big trees you deal with...an alien world for those of us on the right coast.

Loving the west coast posts.
I see your from Maine.. My father was born and raised in Maine and some of the most valued moments of my life are hanging out with my grandpa at his cabin off Spar Cove Road outside Freeport and looking out over the water at Pound of Tea Island..

Last edited:
Rico, do you also use jacks? Silvey is the only jack name I know...have seen some good posts by Jerry and Burnham with Silveys...Willie SOTC, too, I think.

I love seeing the pictures of the big trees you deal with...an alien world for those of us on the right coast.
I very rarely pull out the jack nowadays.. I grew up running dual Silveys, but now run a Salt Creek Hijack...Super light and more jack than I would ever need these dayz...

Salt Creek Hi-Jacker 45 Ton Tree Jack - https://www.baileysonline.com/salt-creek-hi-jacker-45-ton-tree-jack-smt-45t.html

I see your from Maine.. My father was born and raised in Maine and some of the most valued moments of my life are hanging out with my grandpa at his cabin off Spar Cove Road outside Freeport and looking out over the water at Pound of Tea Island..

Maine rocks!!! Freeport rocks! Fayette rocks!! l

Ayuh.

My parents born and raised there too. Ditto re grandpa too, he lived in Livermore Falls, had a cool cabin in Ocean Point outside of Boothbay.

Bored out of my skull so I have been playing with my new Notch JetStep footie this morning... Best footie I have used to date... Sure be nice if they made a knee ascender with this cam setup, and a spur attachable version would be awful nice....Quick little 55-60 ft ascent..

Back