The Official Work Pictures Thread

It goes over the roof. I'd say it's either a vent tube for the septic system ( mine is a 8" brick tube integrated in the width of the stone wall) or the exhaust tube for a condensing boiler (low temp exhaust fumes) with a plug for the annual visit.

Mick, I think it's an exhaust vent for the heater. This is an old(1850's) vacation cottage subdivision on Delavan Lake so there is a lot of weird construction as it may not be code but it's all grandfathered in.

Actually, if you have enough loop runners and crabs, you can self lower and retrieve as many as you have. Think of it as lowering on a loop of line. You tie it back to where you are in the tree. The piece hangs on the loop via the crab and loop runner.
Clear as mud?

Just a few uproots today. Three actually. The fourth one was just heaved a little and perked back up as soon as I cut it free
54523BF0-2570-4104-82FE-EFEE9E508B9D.jpeg 162E594E-0A35-4461-9C15-DD293F090192.jpeg 141AA833-B0A9-4917-A35A-7124244A1567.jpeg 896F2961-A9C2-4A1C-AF8A-2317054F4FE7.jpeg
Job went really well. Less than eight hours and I’d say at least one hour was spent chatting ,from a distance, with half the neighborhood. They must be getting bored. Also managed to save three walnut logs and four hickory logs. All 12 footers. The mini earned its keep. Didn’t like those logs much though. Going back with the bobcat to haul them out when we grind the stumps.

Rich, that looks like "pick up sticks" but all locked up, leaning and curvy, too. Kind of a puzzle I suppose. Looks like it would be a mess without a bucket.

Great picture, Rico...good photographer.

Reminds me of Reg's recent vid of that giant fir being topped across a road at 15' height. Did you see that one?

@Carl you own the green lift, right? Is the excavator yours or do you rent it as needed? Does it handle trunk wood pretty well?

Pretty sure he owns em both and is a dealer for the lift.

Carl, have you considered a grapple for your excavator rather than the bucket and thumb, or is that current arrangement fine?

Back