The Official Work Pictures Thread

Oh man electricity, GP.
The bidder dont know much, Rich.
Beauty pics everyone.

1 climber had SRT the other ddrt and the srt jammed light years faster.

The tips are springy and bouncy unless they break out.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

28ED15F5-8BDF-4C54-A390-8468BA0F5924.jpg
Another easy one this afternoon. That bull rope was setup as a guy line in case shit went bad when we took the top. It would have pulled everything away from the primaries and my boom.

Lawrence helping us out in Penngrove... way far north.

With his help...I'm able to herd cats and snails to do treework... if I clmbed I'm not sure my crew could keep up and finish in a sensible day.
35a76e020ffddf86cdccb47387186474.jpg
f8d23b99828c91a8d4d3c3fc7b2df796.jpg

Been doing that the last couple of days -- crispy dead pitch pines. 10 mins to drop, 20 mins to rake up the myriad of crispy twigs that went everywhere!
(And that's with laying it over nice & slow with holding wood on the hinge.)

Totally Rich.

He's such a humble mellow guy.
100% Pure Pro.
He was done by Noon.

45 Tonne crane.

It was a tight drop zone...amongst houses and line drops...

So much dang material... pine cones bombing everything around...
We had a whole gravel parking lot...fried my chipper knives...
I got a tiny chipper... had to move all the wood 100 yards and buck it a drip it into firewood....

The neighbor loaned and operated his bobcat moving wood and clean up around...

Right on, GP. We love them dusty, dry and light. :)

I’ve met Lawrence a handful of times and he’s always been very easy to talk with and was always willing to answer all my questions. At the craneman inc class I almost felt bad for asking him so many things but it didn’t seem to bother him. The man is half squirrel or something though. He can chase the ball like no one I’ve ever seen.

With his help...I'm able to herd cats and snails to do treework... if I clmbed I'm not sure my crew could keep up and finish in a sensible day.

Its hard to run a business from the top of a tree!!:thumbup:

My current hired man was into karate for years and is considerably bigger, younger and stronger.

It would end very badly for me if I did that.

Snippety Do Dah, Snippety Day

Whole day full of trimmings on Wed. First stop was a willow with 2 broken limbs.
P1350074.jpg P1350081.JPG P1350083.jpg
They had a zipline that we tried out:
zipline.jpg

2nd job was a roof clearance trim -- 2 black walnuts, an osage orange, and a locust; a few limbs off of each -- mostly taken from the roof with the pole saw. Also, I wrecked down a small apple tree by the driveway. The house was on a pretty steep hill, owner wasn't home, whole lotta oranges and walnuts on the ground quickly gave rise to some lawn bowling and then shots to the Brute can (home of basketball and all that). I was the first one to peg into the Brute, knocking it over. Then chipper bowling with the oranges as well...
chipper-bowling.jpg P1350095.JPG

3rd job was right up the street, not really worth pics. Some simple pruning/thinning of 2 crab apples and a locust.

4th job was to raise the canopy on a black walnut out front, remove a burning bush:
P1350100.jpg P1350116.jpg
...and then trim up an elm from off the house & roofline, while still preserving some shade for their patio. Also raise the canopy on a 2nd elm.
P1350123.JPG P1350124.JPG P1350130.JPG

5th job was for a financial advisor company at their offices. I drop-n-chipped a dead pitch pine in about 15 minutes while the other climber started thinning a swamp maple. Also, we now have an Echo hedge trimmer, so we've been doing a few additional bush & hedge trimmings lately -- more like a value added service, since I don't think it pays nearly as well as the tree work portion of a job (if we were to break it down to a per-hour rate).
pitch-pine.jpg P1350133.JPG P1350137.JPG

City/Country day

Slow start to the day Thursday because we had a Mexican national show up to purchase our knuckle boom crane unit we had for sale. I had posted an ad on Craig's List and he had contacted, seemingly not a scammer, just a wheeler dealer passing through on his way back to Mexico City. He had a flatbed semi with a couple of other pieces of equipment on it, paid cash for it (genuine US currency). So we didn't leave our lot till after 11 after loading it up for him with our log grapple and forklift. I took that time to do some stump grinder maintenance, giving it a good tune up.

First job out of the gate was an elective elm trimming. For whatever reasons, the homeowner wanted to take 2 limbs off the street side and 1 off his neighbor's drive side. Ironically, a competitor was set up next door doing a removal and went to lunch right when we rolled up, so they got a front row seat for the whole show. Done in 20 mins.
P1350149.JPG
P1350144.jpg

Then out to a country horse estate outside of town to do some trimming for roof clearance on a metal building they are about to put up. A mulberry, several silver maples, and I wrecked down another pitch pine. Lotsa big wood coming down in their large gravel driveway, chipped and gone in about 2 hours. They took a load of chips, so we left mostly empty.
P1350155.JPG P1350158.JPG P1350165.JPG P1350174.JPG P1350199.JPG P1350204.JPG P1350206.JPG P1350210.JPG P1350211.JPG

Then back into town for a small roof clearance trim -- 2 black walnuts and 2 catalpas over a roof. 30 mins, trimmed, chipped & gone.

Back