The Official Work Pictures Thread

I'm not Butch. He does know that the guy on my crew he talked to is very close to me. We're like father and son ( which I remind the boy that I'm old enough to be his dad and me and his mom did know of each other back then). I know he's getting nervous when he talks to him about me because he knows it gets back to me. We will see. I have to talk with him tomorrow ( I know it's a Sunday) about my job for the week and setting up all the expo stuff that I should've done two months ago. My responsibilities have grown immensely in the last few years but my pay has not. Don't get me wrong, I'm paid well, just it could be more.

Paul, Brian, Sam, Bodean, bstewert, UK Rich, US Rich, Sean, Jed and Ray. Great pics and great work! Hope I didn't miss anyone.

Nothing exciting here, 2 almost 50 footers, brushed and topped in the back yard, and one brushed and dropped in the front yard, road crew moved on so I was able to just flop it at the edge of the drive way, since it will get redone anyway, but it didn't get damaged. Had a funeral to go to, so I'll stump grind tomorrow and mill some boards for myself. Meh, spruce, but I need to start somewhere.

20171002_134047.jpg

20171002_134111.jpg

20171002_114906.jpg

Brian: HA!! That was the knot that I learned on (we called it a Prussic) and I climbed on it for about three years. Irish Joe loves it.

Rich: Sloppy hinges? Just check my latest "tall/skinny".

Ray: Those pines are just nuts. Sir, I really don't envy the difficulty of what that storm musta blown in.

Peter: Nothing exciting? Man, to me it is. If I lived where you do I'd be lovin that stuff. The architects tell us, "Nothing is big or small, save by perspective."

Dead pig fall... 130'x41"dbh. Cut at chest height for sound wood....

unnamed-1479.jpg unnamed-1480.jpg unnamed-1482.jpg

David Sherman... One of the best young climbers (rock/tree) I've worked with in a good little bit.

unnamed-1481.jpg

McCauley I never tire of seeing crane pics. Ive never run a bucket truck but find it hard to imagine they make crane work much easier, what am I missing?

One from today...

IMG_0832.jpg

Nioce shots!!
The bucket almost always makes the work go faster,crane or not. To me it's not always easier cause you gotta keep working so damn hard when flying the boom.

Paul the bucket just makes it so fast. I’m always waiting at the next pick to set the rigging and it makes those big trunk pics a lot nicer!

So what, say it takes what a minute to get climber and set him to choke point, maybe 30 seconds to get to TIP, yeah but then you gotta tie in which on big wood can be a bitch. I guess it could save 3 minutes a pick so over average tree of what 8 picks is 24 min's. I have a hard time getting all my shit to the job without another dedicated vehicle...

Turned up to a job this morning in central Oslo.

3 tall Birch trees taking up a lot of light to the courtyard areas.

dismantled and rigged out the middle one as there was a kids play area underneath and then reduced the remaining two and cut back over the neighbouring flats.

Forgot the before shots but the trees were reduced by about 4-5 metres on the tops.

Attachments

• IMG_6910.jpg
    IMG_6910.jpg
    215.1 KB · Views: 42
Back