The Official Work Pictures Thread

I like it when they look at the tree and think you didn't do anything until you point at all the brush on the ground, lulz.

I sometimes tell the guys not to chip-up the brush till the lady comes out, so that she can actually see that we've DONE something.:lol::|:

Easy solo project, remove a hollow, dead fir with a high TIP in the big fir behind it, thanks APTA!
IMG_20171004_152553939.jpg IMG_20171004_160114529.jpg IMG_20171005_151724754_HDR.jpg IMG_20171005_113208867.jpg

No rigging, Habitat snag. Mini-ed the chipper into a super tight spot under the fir, allowing the mini to put 2 cedars' 2 limb piles on the feed tray, and a third mini-fed to the chipper (long enough branches) with only a couple inches to spare on all sides.
N
IMG_20171005_181338775.jpg

Stripped, topped, 6-8' logs down to a spar.

End of day one 1.

After starting to unload, I told the wife I was going to walk next door for breakfast at the restaurant, and asked if I should move the truck.

She offered to make breakfast for me. I said please, and thank you about 5 times.

Was given a bottle of home made wine (hobby of homeowners).

Lowered spars gently near septic tanks in bigger pieces so as to move them with the mini.

Low stumps, better access to storage, better sunlight to deck and green house ������.
Was given a green tip, not cash, and told their is going to be a 'care package' ����.

More work next year. Easy enough work. Low stress. Over $100/hr average. Gallon of diesel, 2 gallons of gas, couple tanks of mix-gas and oil.
Flexible around school drop off schedule.

Wish every job was a cool, easy, and appreciated as this one.

Pics loaded oddly.

Attachments

• IMG_20171005_095907824.jpg
    IMG_20171005_095907824.jpg
    216.2 KB · Views: 38
  • IMG_20171007_082001325.jpg
    IMG_20171007_082001325.jpg
    54.6 KB · Views: 37
Organic tomatoes from the garden, probably local farm eggs, delicious bacon.

They wanted to help clean up, since I told them I wouldn't bring laborers to the site, because of unsecured plants are evident.
The HO is a long, long time friend of a Seattle arborist I'm acquainted with, and had the door open at the bid.
No need for them to wonder each fall how many people would know. I didn't let them help rake anything. Ezpz.

Parents of the son who had the 160' dead Grand fir, recently converted to mill logs, for a portable mill.

I'm lucky for such customers!!!!

They'd been having parking issues from the restaurant and hiking trail head. Within a year or two, he might have the logs split into rails and build a fence. Will be his renter's labor-trade project, unless I get an atom splitter.

Good for you Sean.
A job like that can carry you through a whole week, making you smile when you think about it.

I was given a very nice vegetarian lunch today ( Hokkaido soup and apple pie) by the clients.
Took a large Austrian pine ( Pinus nigra) down for them.
No cleanup, but most everything had to be lowered in order to keep the bushes and small trees around it intact.
Easy job, so I did it alone and taught the woman to run ropes on the GRCS.
She was a natural:)
Took her like 5 tries and she had those branches going down smoothly.
Putting a Sena helmet on her, so I could talk to her, helped of course, but she would make one good groundie.
This was a couple that I know slightly, and she has a forestry education, normally I wouldn't do a job that way.

Worked out fine and it beeing weekend, I did it without telling the tax collector.
Need to fill my travel fund up again after the last trip.

Pricing all day, this was one of my prospective clients cribs. Got the job:D

The whole picture orientation thing here is gone to hell in a handcart btw.

Attachments

• IMG_1802.jpg
    IMG_1802.jpg
    242 KB · Views: 43
Nice! I have to write the phone number down, someday should crank call Mick. ;)

bachelor_frog_bonjour.jpg

I'm waiting.....

The owners an Aussie, international sort, but you don't ask!

We toured the whole parc, plenty to do but it's starting as a tree fallen in the river, get that right and there'll be more.

No work pics lately from me, soz 'bout that. Must do better.

Must be the King of France's joint or something.

France doesn't, as you very well know, have a king.
Last one was beheaded in 1793.

The last of the Bourbon line and therefore the "rightful" contender to the throne, should France ever decide to become a kingdom again lives about 10 miles from me, in an old water mill.

Funny world, ain't it.

Back