The Official Work Pictures Thread

Ever thought about a little re- direct hook on the frame that would make it easier to re-start whilst hanging below the unit?

Does that shape of cage prevent the rope from getting slotted down near any sensitive parts. When ascending, and when lowering down the Wraptor, I try to always keep the rope close to the sheave side, out of concern of it catching the air filter cover/ choke switch/ primer bulb.

To attach my climbing line to the Wraptor, I usually tie a bowline (backed up) to the tie-in point, and my HH below, hanging me lower than one would hang on a hitch cord based DdRT, I think.

If I put a doubled sling through the tie, and clip a biner to from sling to bridge, I'm riding higher, I think, and easier to pull start. I do this if I'm Wraptoring back up my climbing line, rather than shooting in an access line.

I'm 5'11". Normal, possibly slightly positive, ape-index (arm span equal to height).

Anchor hitch or clip crab straight in on mine, but I have the smaller original ring.
Very rare I Ddrt through the connection point using the HH or any other SRT hybrid devise.
Paul, it looks amazing.

Its a honda 4 stroke, sounds cool, bit heavier than the old ones but starts really easily. Hopefully they hold up as well as the old ones, time will tell.....

Every Honda I've had has been a tank, solid, no issues other than broken recoil springs.

Ever thought about a little re- direct hook on the frame that would make it easier to re-start whilst hanging below the unit?

Perhaps rotating the starter cap would suffice, assuming the bolt pattern is symmetrical? I made a short lanyard to clip into on mine, so I'm hanging a little below it. A lower angle would help when re-starting during ascent.

Maybe a carabiner clipped through the shoulder- strap clip-in point can redirect. Spinning the cover would be easy, if symmetrical. I need to change my starter cord, anyway. I'll investigate.

Bob... That's probably the biggest Holly I've ever seen by a long shot. Pig musta've been really old. I love killing those even if I flinch like a girl. Man, the wood is ROCK hard though. I wanna burn it.

Paul............................................................................................................................. Man........................ Yer freakin killin it.

Grendel Sam: Man, those laser hinges in the tree don't count.... I line em up by eye. One wants to cut by feel, ya know?? Who wants to stare down the cuts?

Yeah whatever Jed! Those are some sexy hinges! I keep trying to get a stump pic worth posting here, getting closer but a long way to go.

Had a somewhat tricky one this morning. Didn't get 'after' pics but I took off all three leads over the house. The upper lead on the right split out and laid on the lead under it, which also cracked. I had to remove the left lead in order to get access to the two broken leads. It's a removal anyway, homeowner just won't admit it yet. Took me 4 hours with one ground guy.

IMG_0115.JPG
IMG_0116.JPG

Holy cow Brian. That tree needs to shuffle off this mortal coil. . .

Did I show you guys this?? I got a sweet job sheet for the park again!

21979430_1491102877592315_271670690_n.jpg

Started on it tonight, ahead of the rain. . .

22054618_1493007724068497_953763475_n.jpg

22091656_1493008240735112_195266007_n.jpg

22119034_1493007874068482_1748374753_n.jpg

22052415_1493008337401769_46181909_n.jpg

All brush to be chipped 8)

Heck, Paul. I love those kinds of jobs. My setup is perfect for that stuff and I can do it better and faster than 95% of the people in town, for less money. And I still make good coin. My little bucket truck is becoming almost as profitable as my big one simply because I can get it into more places inaccessible with a big crane. Thankfully we don't deal with too many trees over 70' or so, not like the 90'-120' oaks and other hardwoods common up your way.

Sweet work pics!

We deadwooded 10 Coast live oaks today and get to do 10 more on Monday.

The young blood Junior has a glimmer of hope of making it journey level....but 10 months in...not bad. He still has a long way to go...he says I have to fire him to get him to quit.
00b8cf8fd6b5999e5e6e2149a7f44442.jpg
f6eb5c0eb72c194825d9955c5397b468.jpg

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Tapatalk

A lot of work for 8' of log. With that much landing zone you might have thought of doing that before working it all the way down. Or just chunked off 5 more rounds.

Skwerl, thanks you're right, and I kept thinking of that while setting up. Mostly it was just for practice, since using MA to pull against lean is not something I do very often, and I've never working on a holly this big. Not a paid job, so I just chiseled away at it a few hours here and there.

I'm wondering how it burns and how much time it takes to season. Seems dry enough to burn straight away.

If in doubt use a moisture meter on a fresh face of a fresh split, preferably around room temperature. Less than 20% it's good for the stove, more than 20% it's into the woodpile with it. :)

Been a bit slack in the picture front lately. New country, new contractors somuve just been getting my head down and grafting.

Dismantled a small ash this morning then pruned this Birch. They wanted a couple of metres of the top as we removed a declining Birch beside it and they we worried about wind sail.

Had to rig down the bitch with minimal equipment, over power and utility lines but it went sweet. Pretty funky when I got down and felled the stem.

Attachments

• IMG_6886.jpg
    IMG_6886.jpg
    187.7 KB · Views: 49
  • IMG_6885.jpg
    IMG_6885.jpg
    366 KB · Views: 51
  • IMG_6888.jpg
    IMG_6888.jpg
    342.5 KB · Views: 50
Back