The Official Work Pictures Thread

IMG_6553.jpg Cheers.

Pretty sappy. I flipped a round of a stump and gummed up my arm and watch. Had to wash it as it was coated like ectoplasm or something. Use some of the customers butter to get it off arms and watch.

Ropes weren't too bad as I srt'd the trees and flipped up the two I dismantled. Managed to send a line through the tree and tie off at another stump. Saved clipping and damaging the base tie with the limbs.

I always have a can of GoJo on the truck for pine sap. Or in a pinch use a splash of mix gas and then wash that off with whatever soap you have available. Notwithstanding the terrible long term effects of exposure to petroleum products on the skin.

Work Pics Thread 2.0!

Yes!! That's what i do Justin,lol,mind you I wear a long sleeve errrday.
The shit will go through the shirts as most of you know. Usually just scrape it off with a putty knife while cleaning up at the home front...

I use canola in my climbing saws. Works fine for pitch.

Bar oil MIGHT be better than mix gas. Less smelly, at least.

I put some wood on the ground the last two days, at an 'a la carte' bid in a driveway island. They think they can handle some of their work, need to pace their spending, etc, so they picked a cottonwood, maple, triple fir cocktail. Neighbors of friends. The homeowners are cutting and splitting (renting my wood splitter...pays for the splitter in 10-15 customers, only rented to customers. Flat rate of their job. Let them peck away at it a half-hour to an hour a day for a week. Makes it way easier than a rental where you're trying to do a full day of splitting and moving wood).

In the island, the closest to the house looks okay, but is infected. The next was one stone dead doug-fir, laminated root rot, easy peasy 100'er, dead vertical. Next one over is fading. Between the bid 3-4 weeks ago, and yesterday, a slightly larger fir, the fourth in the row, tipped into the neighboring tree (left in the picture. Don't know why it looks so mossy), just a bit, 10-15 degrees. I noticed right away when I showed up to set up the job, with my employee waiting on the tow for the chip truck.

Easy add on.

Just after a new clutch, on the way to dump the load of chips that's been in there for 2-3 weeks, the brake system started leaking onto the engine, ready to start a fire. Being without a dump truck was only slightly more work to Arbor Trolley 6-7 tall loads (Pvc extensions on stakes) to the next door neighbor's place where the old fella always wants chips for his gardens. Hard, flat roll. AT, FTW.

IMG_20170718_144356303_HDR.jpg

IMG_20170721_162533983.jpg

IMG_20170720_114015408.jpg

IMG_20170721_162442637_HDR.jpg

IMG_20170721_162427486.jpg

IMG_20170721_162546861.jpg

Magic cut most of the logs. Enough aim to slot them between one another, laid out for rolling to one side of the driveway.

Guy'ed the root-pulled tree. Not laying much into the neighboring tree. Strange, and slightly heart-pumping to see it start to stand up little by little. Limbs between trees were somewhat tangled, and I could feel them pull apart, ever so slightly. Then the tension on the rope started to go slack, while the stem was still obviously tipped (after checking my head a second), but less so, so I liked that. Equilibrium point. Got way up to the top to pop it. Didn't need to suddenly let go of a lot of wood at once, rocking the spar.

Used the stick clove hitched to the throw line, next to the rope to try to work the rope closer to the collar. never used that one before.

That looks like a big job flushcut. The one looks like it is already smashing the roof.

Here's a big willow I removed some busted limbs out of yesterday. I told the guy I wasn't trying to drum up more work but this thing is really rotten, everywhere.

IMG_3492.jpg

That looks like a big job flushcut. The one looks like it is already smashing the roof.

Here's a big willow I removed some busted limbs out of yesterday. I told the guy I wasn't trying to drum up more work but this thing is really rotten, everywhere.

As most willows are. Looks like that one has had some previous haircuts.

Buddy....biggest willow I have seen. Good picture.

Rajan, that qualifies as a monster of a job. Could you do that without a crane? Massive wood.

You call that a Willa?

IMG_0843.JPG

Just kidding. But willows grow big here, surprising to me that they don't down in your locale Gary. Are they rare?

They grow here but I have not seen anything that size. 30-40 feet tall, maybe 12-16 dbh...nothing like that spread. At least I have not found them

Back