The Official Work Pictures Thread

Wish I could have had one when I was 30. I might still be climbing (maybe). Last week I had a hard time squatting down and standing back up for my DOT physical. Knees sounded like bags of gravel.

Big ass tree. Was it someone's yard that it needed deadwooding?
Not really a yard. Near the tree they have a large outdoor cooking/eating area. They also park vehicles near the tree. The owner wants to build near the tree in the near future, so it might become a removal (fun one). I'm trying to talk him out of it. Its a beautiful tree that has earned the right to be there.

The 2 most important, and personal pieces of gear to me are my flip-line and my gaffs. Over the years I have climbed in just about every gaff you can imagine. I have to say that the DMM Gecko's are probably my favorites. Super comfy and light as a feather. The wide offset stir-up sits in the arch of your foot just right. The gaff length and shape are spot on. Leg pads are spot on as well. A really thoughtful, well designed spur. I still love the Bashlins or Buckingham permanent 3.5" with some opsal/caddy pads, but the DMM's are my go to spurs for now. Highly recommended.

I just got some carbon fibre distels.

This morning I was pulling them out of the truck and nearly threw them back over my head!

I wasn't expect the lightness.

A couple more shots from the last couple of days.

71ce7784df8cd7e8afbed344be5550c6.jpg

de148ee96743f7db45d53358e538c742.jpg

b8598124e1a00fae17c18d8b89d6b4a6.jpg

c1f08116769e1327e31e340805551474.jpg

106b4f70ec7775a40a8e7ccc07abd65d.jpg

d35021ae050e4af3851797088d6ea399.jpg

Rich

Erik, it's been three years since I last wore my gear.

I don't miss working in the weather one bit!

We have pretty terrible weather in Louisiana....

Showing off those guns Rich! Great pics.
My partner with about the biggest camphor I've ever worked on and it had more hardware in it than Home Depot. Several generations of young'uns had built and rebuilt tree houses in it and I managed to mangle three chains total, two just trying to get the stump cut.
P1011277.jpg

...The wide offset stir-up sits in the arch of your foot just right. The gaff length and shape are spot on. Leg pads are spot on as well. A really thoughtful, well designed spur....

Thanks for the feedback and I agree 100%.

Ray: Uhhh... Yeah... Any shot of wood that's as black as that has a ton of hardware. Cheers, friend.

Eric: Craziness... absolute craziness... Can't wait to watch your newer vids that you've just got up. Thanks, friend.

Sam: Stop it man... You're making me want to go work for a small company again. They are SO much better.

U.K. Rich: I still love yer latest pines in case you didn't get the memo. Cool new shots.

Hell yeah Rich.
those shots really put em into perspective,Hella pine there! Nice work 👊💪
Did your gear come out a bit pitched up er what?

Damn Ray,that weather sounds nasty. Quite the stump cut on that piece!

Exactly what Stephen said hahaha

Always a drag when you gotta burn your way through a cut...

Back