The Official Work Pictures Thread

Good work fellers!

Jed---- have you tried self-zipping rather than self lowering? Don't know if you could have done it there.

I suppose you were documenting those broken boards BEFORE you did the tree work?

Nah,actually just to show y'all lol,been a while since I put up any pictures. At least the place had a good view.
We nailed two layers of plywood on it and went about our business,definitely couldn't haul any debris across it in its original condition...

All I have to post are cedar fence posts being split
3676fbdf9470d8a371cd12ae8a95d99f.jpg
8b75ca9bfc9c9b638af109e8c812435a.jpg

Thanks All😁
look like them gonna be some badass posts Willie!

Epic pictures there Rico,hard to believe really (on so many different levels).

I concur. Some great pictures, old and new.

Today's job was a few bits and pieces to trim and take out and an absolutely stunning stone dead Sweet Chestnut tree to monolith at 15metres.

The tree was in woodland we just had to make safe as it was within. Falling distance of one of the most expensive wedding venues in the south of England. Well, the car park at least.

Luckily we had a 34m Bronto lift with us. Stacked in woodland for habitat.

Pretty miserable day weather wise, hence my look in the first shot. My mood soon cleared after a phone call and me accepting a decent offer on my house.

Woo-hoo, I might actually have some money to spend on kit when I get to Norway.

Happy daze!

e0236ab983788511227b80fb1f1ada92.jpg

d410633c0ea95bc5cab8bb2f26f3833c.jpg

8c242b3986a6114d5700a216e9b30f63.jpg

9cf6c5abc532f6a64ba3fe7bf15bf707.jpg

e1ba9b195ce65f068714b1f4a87e3d39.jpg

d715a991b8e636478e5a639cc4938021.jpg

00954c4b39ec5035afd7a1fe9525d228.jpg

Rich

It is amazing how much difference the relatively short distance from here to England makes, treewise.
Could'n find a Sweet chestnut ( Castaneum sativa?) like that around here.
That was really fine looking,like a wood sculpture, pity it had to be cut down.

Great run of pics all.

Well done on the offer Rich, don't count your chickens though...

I know mate. It can change shape for all sorts of reasons. Fingers crossed.

Yes, Stig. Once I got over the understory and up in the MEWp I thought the same. It looked pretty, I hadn't realised when we were at the base that it had shed most of the bark. You could see the stag horns but not the trunks from the ground. It was a Beast at ground level as well.

What kind of tree is that exactly? Beetle Bailey dose not ring any bells.(acacia baileyana?)
Any pick weights?

Sam, Japanese Red Pine, Pinus densiflora. Getting wiped out by the beetles in mass.
A little over five tons on the pick which lifted the whole lot in one shot.

Great photos all!

Rich, nice to read you. I always enjoy the photos from overseas, the different kinds of equipment and vehicles are very interesting to me.

Jay, the little truck with the big logs, that's a great photo. :rockhard:

Hey levi, where ya been brother!!

Rico, nice pics. The 4th one reminds me of something from the book High Climbers and Timber Fallers by Gerry B, fantastic book, have you had the pleasure of reading it?

Hey Cory! I've been at the circus, but it's left town now so I'm back to the daily grind.:)

Hows Warchild doing? I think we can call him that here, we're among friends, eh?;)

Ha! Yep, he's kickin ass. He almost made it through a whole day of work with us today, but he had to poop so mom came and picked him up early8)

Lolol!!

She'd be angry if you had him do it back of chip truck.

Back