The Official Work Pictures Thread

Good show!

This manitoba maple stump from a storm fall was turned down by a few tree companies. Even the one who the insurance company hired. 2 lengths of steel in it. They left it this way. 2 hours for me, not at a great pace. 461 sure pulled it no problem, even cut a bit o'steel. And had enough sharp left to cut the stump in half for HO! :(

Cement, sink hole and some welded steel were in the ground.

20170707_094647.jpg

20170707_094635.jpg

20170707_094703.jpg

20170707_101129.jpg

20170707_101820.jpg

20170707_120501.jpg

20170707_124118.jpg

I kept the 461 pretty far back in the cut, used an old chain on the 361 to get close. HO had a cut off disc. And yep, a good paying job for me. Really good.

No problems with the stump grinder teeth, it was a soft steel. Just kissed it and we used the cut off. Rocks were more of a problem, it was in Paris, Ontario. Lots of stones and rocks there.

Nope. I posted a link but here is a pic of it in my drive. Just brought it home an hour ago. IMG_1854.jpg
Went back to the "nothing but fun" job today. Broke out a new toy for it. Hope you got your check Paul. Thank you and I really enjoyed it. The compact size makes it a lot less clunky. IMG_1852.jpg IMG_1853.jpg

Jeez Raj, that's a nasty stump! Persistence beats resistance, glad it paid well.

Every time I see a new HH2 I think it's time to upgrade...my HH is a few steps past the prototype :/:

Nope. here is a pic of it in my drive. Just brought it home an hour ago. View attachment 80120

f06934d63b7a7f0528008010fdb0eccc.jpg
fook yes Rich! I like that body style, Bow ties or no ties mofo!🤘👹🤘

Time to think about a bigger grinder? You've shown there's a market.

Need a 1/2 pickup. My S10 is a 94 and my f350 is only registered for 4500kg total. I have only 1000kg to carry and tow. I also could use a small chipper...... But a bigger stump grinder is high on the list after a truck.

...and another gives me the go ahead to bid against my boss if I decide to leave and do my own thing.

So what about that, brother? Man, if I had half a shot I'd probly take it. I got a buddy right now who's not to far away himself.

Peter: That's some serious work, bro... well done. Nuthin like mannin-up and doin stuff that other folks don't wanna do.

Jeez Raj, that's a nasty stump! Persistence beats resistance, glad it paid well.

Every time I see a new HH2 I think it's time to upgrade...my HH is a few steps past the prototype :/:

Nasty stump work, way to knock that bastid out, Peter.

I'm sort of thinking along those lines myself, Fiona. Mine is of similar vintage, and as well as it works, is surely a big hunk of heavy metal.

Dude I don't understand how you guys can have a nice truck, I smash all mine to crap....

Burnham the HH2 isn't a light weight by any stretch. I don't care about weight but want the piece of mind the extra durability that weight brings. I can't imagine making stuff as light as Petzl and all those guys. I wouldn't be able to sleep at night worrying about shit breaking and hurting people. I sleep pretty good right now:D

This is how our day started, luckily it was the only heart stopping moment of the day

IMG_0658.jpg

Luckily we had 2 chains on this one, can't believe the second held after the first broke

Looking at it now we should have set 1 chain below that crotch

Jay it was a real dead oak. We put 2 chains on it just above that crotch. One side broke out and is hanging upside down. Can't believe second one didn't break after the shock load it received.

Scary shit right over the climber

Did it break from shock load or was the pic smooth and it just broke during normal movement to the LZ?

The latter happened to me once on a sizable norway maple pick. Just a miracle no one was under it when it broke and free fell.

A greatly experienced climber here was killed by a Zelkova that broke that way after the crane picked it up. Normally you'd think a Zelkova would be less susceptible to breaking at that point, the way the grain knits. Just shows... Glad it went ok for you, Paul. Seems a very good thing to learn, not to trust those joints.

Jay it was a real dead oak. We put 2 chains on it just above that crotch. One side broke out and is hanging upside down. Can't believe second one didn't break after the shock load it received.

Scary shit right over the climber

That is some scary shit!
Close call.
I am cautioning these young bucks thinking crane picks are a good solution to these now REALLY CRISPY DEAD ponderosa. You can just see them rigging the top and dropping down for the cut. Pick and KABOOM.... I did one from the man basket the other day... just cut small and make it fall tight and fast... pieces. They are very resistant to placing some vinyl on the lines or dropping them in sections. Gonna get more people killed... you watch. Why I won't work ROW out here. Asses.
You know they want to back charge the subs and have them take 25% of what they were originally paid over the last couple years. Crazy!

Back charge the subs...wtf? That's an educated idea! Seems like something a paper pusher with time on their hands would come up with.

Back