The Official Work Pictures Thread

...Your pictures are outstanding in their clarity and composition...

Gary nailed it, Sam. You've got a wonderful eye for the beauty of this stuff.

Just some small Hemlocks today. More (and smaller) to do tomorrow. I think we got like five of em. Just leave all the wood, but chip the brush. Check out our plywood brush-drag ramp. Old Man Winter can only be held off for so long.

unnamed-1034.jpg unnamed-1031.jpg unnamed-1032.jpg

Now THIS is Joe. Even better than Travis. Man, weren't we all just on a rant a little while ago about how lazy all the new young guys were. Man, never say never, I'm telling ya... this guy worked very, very, very, very hard. Five years Marine Corps... maybe that has something to do with it. One of the most pleasant young guys to be around to boot. Ohhh... and he swears by wool instead of rain-gear. :lol: Man, to each his own, but I'm tellin ya... bet he trades up pretty quick. :lol:

unnamed-1033.jpg

Just five of them today Jed? You must've had a rough weekend:lol: seriously though nice work man

Had a foreman call off sick today so I was sent to finish up his job
IMG_1284.jpg IMG_1282.jpg IMG_1283.jpg
Sent him a text saying he could feel better tomorrow, we took care of the big scary tree for him. I received a text back that was two simple letters. Bet you can guess which ones. A while later he sent another one saying he was feeling better.

Lol.

That was a fatty!

Do you use 'knotless rigging' much, like maybe on that big one? Just curious.

Cory I tied a lot of RB's on that one. I hardly ever knotless rig.
Follow up, yeah that must've been it:/:
Jim that's a 32" bar on a 661 for reference. Plenty bigger than the bar, but lots of room to spare. I'm good for 96" diameter without to much head ache with that bar.

No we just got'er dun safe and sound from the bucket but we blocked the road that this chunk was over. I was kind of expecting catastrophic failure while rigging it out small very small in a really bad spot road, fence, sidewalk, fire hydrant, power pole, and a phone junction box all with in ten feet of the stump good times had by all.

Cory I tied a lot of RB's on that one. I hardly ever knotless rig.

Fwiw, you should try it. I do it whenever there will be more than just 4 or 5 cuts. Just grab one of your old non locking steel rope snaps that you used to climb on back in the day, tie it to the end of your 1/2" bull line with an anchor hitch, use your regular rigging pulley. It is crazy fast. On a big oak like in your pics, let's say your rigging time with RB's was about 2 or 3 hours, with 'knotless' I bet you'll save 20 minutes. The rope snap is bullet proof re safety. And ya know how, when you're rigging from a bucket, you might take some smaller cuts here and there compared to when climbing just because 'you can' and it might be faster on the ground crew to take cuts that aren't huge....well the knotless approach is crazy fast and makes those smaller cuts even easier, faster, and more productive.

My 2 cents

I'll try it Cory. Today it wouldn't of mattered much as it was basically just me and the ropeman. There was a third but he is so green that he was just in "shock and awe". I spent a lot of time hopping in and out of the basket today.

Shock and awe! :lol:

Man Jed, your small stuff is like our ceiling! Beautiful hinge, as always, but it needs to be said. You rock man!

Rich, what a beast! Great looking shots man. Very nice looking saw too. 8)

I don't think I've ever seen a hardwood hollowed out so completely. . . wow.

This thread is freakin awesome!

So fitting Scott

My mess I was sent to clean up and my machine to do it with
IMG_1286.jpg IMG_1287.jpg
A couple of our guys cleared the creek bank in the last two weeks and piled it up so they could get the creek straightened out. Most of it was a balled up mess but we got it done. Just shy of 120 yards of chips today. The mechanic is coming in early to assist with changing knives. They're pretty much toast after today.

Excavators are crazy strong...used one recently, smaller than that...could not believe how useful they are. It probably sorted out that tangled mess pretty easily.

Rich... that was a HUGE, huge, oak. Wow. Probably had to bang pretty hard to get that pig knocked down in the time that you did.

Rajan: Pretty astounding how strong those hollow trees can be eh? Having said that... better you than me brother.

Just did more little Hemlocks today. Gotta fall some sticks tomorrow, and do a bit of pruning.

Strong in some ways but they lack power in the turn table. We made it work. It took a tube and a half of grease this morning to get it ready. The guy that normally runs it has forearms like Popeyes's or he don't grease her daily. I'll chat with him tomorrow since I heard he was all upset about me running his machine. I turned the bucket around when I was done today. No big deal if you understand how the electric over hydraulic quick connect works,but I'm pretty sure he will be pissed.
IMG_1291.JPG
Same operator, different machine a few months ago

Back