The Official Work Pictures Thread

I'm assuming you rigged down the spar Jed?
lol I know it's kinda stupid question but its all cut up in your pictures 😖

I think Jed is super human, he just put the cut pieces in his pockets and dumped them once he got on the ground. I get tired looking at his pics.

We need a close up pic Rich lol

I got stung by a yellow jacket a few days ago just driving....ouch...

Sorry the pic is a bit blurry. As far as a closeup, F-that. By the time I was cut to there, they were covering me.
Nice pics Grendel. A bit overcast today?

Wow Jed!

Did you chunk those out? That's hella skill.

Tip tied one and false crotched the other?

I miss tree work.

Way too many nice comments from you good folks... Obviously, my dirty-little ego needs it, else-wise I'd never throw-up the pics.

Deva: You do better (and harder, if truth be told) treework than I'll ever do on my best day, brother. Tip-tied the shorty, and chunked the biggun... funny thing... never, ever tried this before, but it worked a charm: uhhh,... the ground was sloping super hard into a brand-new fence... so right there, obviously, any tree-guy in his right mind woulda negative-blocked the big guy. Know what we did?... just roughed-up the ground with a Pulaski, plywooded the fence, but then built a three-round high "fence," with the wood that we had tip-tied, and then ran another layer of plywood for good measure, and then just let em fly. Scared me sick, but worked a charm and saved-out our riggin lines. I HATE, hate, hate, negative blocking, cause I always have new ground-guys who stress the rigging something fierce, plus we had to turn em all into 16" or smaller firewood chunks anyway, and I HATE, hate, cutting-up Doug-Fir bark that we have lain into our volcanic, alluvial, soil.

Paul: They bill at 95 bucks per. hr. The estimator put three days for three guys on er, ($6,840.00) but, thanks to the plywood stunt, we got er in two.

Fiona: No they don't pay the removal foremen well. My best (work) friend, and only other removal foreman just jumped ship to the area's largest company (Evergreen) where he'll be making almost 40% (I'm not kiddin ya) more money. I'm already greedy and heart-sick, just missing his camaraderie. Here's the funniest part... he's doing mostly pruning! :lol:

Rich: Super lol at the abscence of hinge pics. Is there anything WORSE for the treeguy than bees?? Man, I don't think there is, to be quite honest with ya.

Sam: The only thing "outstanding" are the colors and the beauty of some of the pics you've had up of late.

Wow, very nice solution, Jed.

what did you use for a lowering device when you tip tied the shorty?

The old plywood catchers mitt.

Brilliant. Jed. You're a Top Saw for sure. All day everyday. Your main ground dude seems cool too. I bet work is almost fun on your crew. :)

The old plywood catchers mitt. ... ...Your main ground dude seems cool too. I bet work is almost fun on your crew. :)

It's not most days, brother. Yes, Andy is a really cool guy, but he pretty-much hates tree work, hates the rain, hates this, hates that... always breaks my heart to see a guy stick it out day after day because it's all that he feels he's cut out for. Man, we've got a bunch of guys like that, and they always seem to wind-up on my crew since I told myself a long time ago that I didn't want to complain about the guys they gave me, or fight over the good guys. Guess I kinda made my own bed on that one. There are many, many days when I really envy you guys who just go it alone.

Thanks, Ger.

Really good stuff Jed, banging out the work day after day.

With regards to staff, every situation has its own drawbacks, my older regular guy is cracking under the workload and is off with a bad back for a while, I've spent the morning phoning round, imploring, entreating and eating crow to get guys in for a heavy week next week.

I feel your pain Jed. I'm lucky enough to have one guy that can be in a decent mood most days. There is another on my crew that I threatened to cut his mic wire because all he does is bitch. He got the hint for a while but slips back into it at least once a week.

IMG_1273.jpg IMG_1278.jpg IMG_1279.jpg
Did some work at one of my favorite farms today. A beanpole of a hickory first thing this morning and a nice sized white pine right after that.

Back