The Official Work Pictures Thread

d767237d019a0d1b47176f1d210fd891.jpg

fcb8e046886ab4fd2816af1e9ec2bb35.jpg

bab3f8a50f9866859c0fa12427186315.jpg

Tipped back a monterey cypress from over the house and try to reduce end weight....had to make a few garish cuts for the sake of the laser prune that was requested....failed to get a finish product picture....

Wow Jed, I remember those type of days...I remember them mostly sucking...

Nailed it. Today, much less so... first, a Cottonwood top hung-up in a Fir, then a Hemlock top hung up in a Fir, then off to Cable a small Pear. :lol:

unnamed-1044.jpg unnamed-1045.jpg

This was a nice Fir... Probably around 150'

unnamed-1046.jpg unnamed-1047.jpg

Attachments

• unnamed-1043.jpg
    unnamed-1043.jpg
    98.9 KB · Views: 66
Yous guys are killing it. :thumbup:
Deva, I don't know how you do those tight through the house jobs man. I think my guys would quit on me.

Some snippits from some tree felling on a job. More making it safe for the neighbour's place. First big one was pretty straight forward. Jason and Mike did awesome felling. They are getting their taste of bigger trees.
I did the tougher ones. We limbed a few up to fit. Then moved up to her house and drive way. We were too busy to get much picture taking.
Couple of them, Jason and I or Mike and I were both pounding wedges to tip em.
<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/b73HFdE2Scc" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>
<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/IGP-NLbuLv8" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>
<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/ZNqYpKcSvL0" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>
<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/UD2SWNXWAPQ" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Jed, how did you deal with that hung up Fir, if not cutting it at the base, whatever the third picture is. I take it that's a broken top, not something that was cut.

Gawd, the clean up on those limbs must suck!?!?

If it were in a yard . The raking seems to never end. But in a field, the grapple makes short work of it. If you have to haul all those fines off, it sucks. HO clean up on those bad boys. We only helped a little cleaning up logs we needed out of the way to fall the next tree. I don't like stacking them for anyone to clean up. Too many pinch points and close quarters working. Good way to get hurt.
I am thoroughly convinced it is easier to climb a tree, whack the limbs off and the top and clean up a 30 foot circle of duff, than to clean up a 100-150' x 30'-50' mess from dropping one. Unless you can just push in a pile and burn it.
They are quite the industrious couple. They bought a real fixerupper that basically needs gutted to the dirt in which it stands. He bought a small portable mill to help harvest the wood they need to do the project. Fun people. Homesteading mentality.
That top I threw hit a brand new saw. I was up set. The guys keep leaving shit on the ground I can't see within fall zone. As a joke, I whined about being so upset I was going to ask the lady of the house to cook me brownies to make me feel better. As we were wrapping up, she announced the brownies were done. :)

I am thoroughly convinced it is easier to climb a tree, whack the limbs off and the top and clean up a 30 foot circle of duff, than to clean up a 100-150' x 30'-50' mess from dropping one. Unless you can just push in a pile and burn it.

Interesting! Makes sense.

Jed, how did you deal with that hung up Fir, if not cutting it at the base, whatever the third picture is. I take it that's a broken top, not something that was cut.

Yeah, sorry Jay... to be honest, I'm not sure HOW that wind-fall Maple top from my job the previous day, got attached to yesterday's post. I must have hit something in my not perfectly sober state. Uhhh, ohh, the Hemlock top: uh, I just (o.k. it broke at a Pilleated Woodpecker hole that allowed extensive decay into the stem) climbed up stripping the lower limbs and then (cause I was scared) tied-up the stem to the butt of the broken top. This proved to be redundant. I then went down and clumb up the Fir which was a beautiful tree. I tied in way, way above the hung Hemlock top, decended and tip-tied the Hemlock top to the fir-stem with Sampson 3/4. That made me feel a ton better, so i just rapped down the Hemlock stem, still tied into the fir dDrt (wishing that I set up srt instead) and then zipped all (only restrictions below me were a fence and some irrigation) the limbs off the hemlock top, removed the crushed Fir limbs and then rapped down the Hemlock top again in order to lanyard into the Hemlock stem. Then I just torched the top free and Andy lowered er to the ground, and I fell the stick. That log ended up being pretty heavy even though we were tip-tied with the Sampson (good for about 20 grand, I think) but we got lucky, plus Andy knows how to lower pretty good.

Stephen: Awsome, awsome falls, brother. Should have given us a few stumpies though. Ohh, and just to pick a harmless fight... man, I couldn't disagree more with you and Butch about the expediency of climbing vs. falling. Man, who stinkin cares if the mess is spread out a bit more... for cryin out loud... ya just got yerself a whole nother guy to help clean it up by just fallin it. Man i HATE waiting on ground guys.

Sam: Are you Dutch, brother. Seems like your last name might be Dutch. If so... you cut pretty stinkin good for a Dutchman.

20161022_101518.jpg
Raising my well house up and poured footings. I love having equipment around. Looking forward to not worrying about floods and freezing.

Back