The Official Work Pictures Thread

Lanyard was double wrapped Butch, I have to grab it there in order to 'flip,flop' it with a wrist action to get it up. Palm trunk was hard and slippy, one wrap was not a comfy feeling!

Thanks Reg!
The palms are in Bermuda, not really any nasties there thank goodness. Just f'ing cockroaches that I DETEST!
And in Tasmania, the worst are redback spiders, but there were a couple really big huntsmans under the rotten bark of the pine, but they are harmless. Got to watch out for snakes though, Tiger and Brown

Great pics. Good Felling and Palming.

I would have a tough time with poisonous snakes and spiders in the trees with me..... probably work in a cubicle and listen to my radio at a comfortable volume setting.

:lol: sounds just like you, Deva.

Reg, that picture of two of you on that downed tree is good...lots of swoop in that trunk...any problem with all that compression?

Fi...great pictures...that palm was skinny from the get-go.

No problem....just a loud bang when Aaron cut through it....he was the guy on the far end of the tree. Incidentally, Aaron was a faller on the Queen Charlottes many years ago....so these trees are like pencils by his standards.

Had a job today for a guy. Well he has planned for three days. Removal of a group of sycamore trees. 6 larger ones and a skinny thing in the middle. Majority had to be rigged to avoid damage to the shrubs. He estimated 2 removals a day but got the first one to a rigging point and did both tree either side of it.

3 phone lines and a shielded power cable to avoid. Luckily we had a decent high anchor to give clearance.

We used Reg's device with the mini winch today. Came in really handy for pretensions get the limbs and lumps of timber.

87c4225741e1a34fa1a1d1031a8b0634.jpg

8b4bb59d4e5dee2e99dd4722aff070c6.jpg

be51fa302453f06bf624cd6647ade8e7.jpg

e7bd30fc0408332db3d28a58024a8a0c.jpg

b4dfc745b92b24d3704f06674f77c3bd.jpg

1423749bf40ebf1c88577cd1a10ec7d0.jpg

Rich

Cheers. I like sycamores In the dry, horrible in the wet.

Tha logs were stacked in the driveway so he could come back with the Avant and load up when we are done.

The firewood fairies came and took a bit. A couple asked for us to chop into firewood sizes for them but wouldn't pay... They left without any logs. ;)

Back there tomorrow and Friday if needed.

Some falling pics...

O.k. "falling," not "felling." Got it. Sheesh Reg, it sure didn't take us West Coasters long to dumb you down, bro. Felling=Conventional, Falling=Humboldt. :P Some beaut. stumps there brother, not to mention the sticks. Probably all just got firewooded eh. Were the high stumps to pull with the hoe?

Fi: You're rockin it! Keep the pics comin, sister. Crazy about the creepy crawlies down there. Better you than me sis. :\:

Now Rich... that's a dang fine riggin show. Beaut logs, sir. One wants to buck em in 16's and try to split em. Is Sycamore as hard to split over there as it is over here?

We got 2 more Deodoras if anyone can bear to look at em anymore. I was also able to skirt up the last three and set pull lines to bust em in half tomorrow, which means we might finish up a day early, God willing.

unnamed-903.jpg unnamed-904.jpg unnamed-905.jpg unnamed-906.jpg unnamed-907.jpg

Rich, what are you using for a spikescender kit with your rope runner?

One from today.....took some weight off the top of an oak lead.....the tree was 60'.....the snapped cable was at 5'.....Jesus I wish they'd stop selling bad tree work to old rich lady's.
727a3f19d5666dda89de24dbf9ef520c.jpg
there all selfies...since I only work with myself. Ha.

Deva

Dang Jed, pm me your address. I'll send you some new shoe laces man:lol: Was there a slight Dutchman on that last stump shot? Really just checking my observation skills as I've had a rough day and my fridge is lacking more beer.
Great pics all

No doubt Jed custom-laces his boots, no need for new laces!

Great for milling and turning, but has to be winter felled.

Traditionally used for butchers blocks, it has natural anti bacterial properties.

Back