The Official Work Pictures Thread

Yeah how about that guy with the trash can on his shoulder! Can he come work for me?
Ditto pantin under Bashlin alloys, seems to work fine for the few times I need it.

Nice day today, no pics, fell one small ash, prune a small orchard, apple, greegage, quince, climb two small trees to cut out a couple broken branches, restoration prune an old beat up plum, nice day, sunny and cold, I am LIKING the cold!

O.k. "falling," not "felling." Got it. Sheesh Reg, it sure didn't take us West Coasters long to dumb you down, bro. Felling=Conventional, Falling=Humboldt. :P Some beaut. stumps there brother, not to mention the sticks. Probably all just got firewooded eh. Were the high stumps to pull with the hoe?

I've been here over 5 years now Jed. I'll adopt anything that makes sense. He says he might pull out the stumps, but I doubt it. Most likely firewood, yes....even though there's a few more to go yet. The biggest tree we're taking has to be climbed and sectioned, unfortunately.

A little hinge for you guys....anything bigger than a handful is plenty.

76522b96ad0698e0540aab6dcd3fcf74.jpg

I just use a pantin under my spikes. KK don't do a conversion kit for Bashlin Alloys.

The other leg uses a home made HAAS type thing with loop.

They don't do a conversion kit for Klines but I still got them fitted.

Tree Stuff sell a version that fits also.

Last time I spoke to Mr KK. He said that yes you can fudge it. Why anyone would drill into 450 quid spikes is beyond me.

Pantin under the spike works well.

I almost bought a set of KK with ultralight gaffs and spikecender at the AA show. Thankfully no one had them in stock so I went home a wealthy man!

Tbh Carl... I was astounded when I checked the prices of spikes these days. I think I paid 280 ish for mine years ago and thought that was expensive.

Never tried klines. I was recommended by one seller to wait and just get the new Carbon fibre gecko's get the spikecender and ultra lights and save a few hundred over the cost of the KK's.

Then again I might just stick to pantin under my spikes.

Jed, is that a Swinger loader, how do you like it?

Man, you know your stuff Cory. That thing's invaluable. The Dutchman that Rich noticed comes from trying to cut a low stump because it doesn't grab vertical stems very well. But horizontal stuff... man, it can lift the world, I'm tellin ya... AND stack a huge pile of logs onto the truck. Easily the best arb machine ever made. I would pit Edwin (The guy famous with Butch and Fi for holding the Brute with one hand) on that pig against Daniel in his skid-steer any day. We call it the "Winger," now... you can see why in the third to last shot.

Rich: New laces=beer money. Guess which contender's gonna win that fight. Dude! You were right about the dutchman... :|:

Reg: "Unfortunately..." Not for us mate. Might make for some crackin pics.

Biggun: Verrrry nice job, sir... the beauty of the whiteness of the wood of all those logs all stacked up like that... arghhhhh.... :drink:

Williard: What are ya gonna do sometimes, sir? The guy doesn't want to do the right thing, which is to remove those pigs... so... what are ya gonna do? No, seriously... I'm askin ya! (Man! the shot of that sharpening kit, just brings out the inner geek in me almost as much as tree-stumps.) We've got a fun trade, eh?

Deva: :lol: :lol:. Hey, you know what? I saw this guy at the dump today who looked EXACTLY like you running his own little outfit. He had this tiny little chipper. You'd think that even a vain-glorious pig like myself would at least be man enough to have taken a picture of the guy with his chipper to shoot up on here, but no matter... I'll see him around again soon enough, and THEN I'll play the man, and... you'll see.

O.k.... More tops than I can count today (all the tops look the stinkin same!)... The tapered hinge: (In Gimli--of Lord of the Rings Fame--voice) "It was deliberate, lads. It was deliberate."

OH! The second to last shot is of a German cut that I put into the last Red Cedar top. Look what it did. The last shot is what happens when the boys get over-zealous on the pull-rope prematurely.

unnamed-909.jpg unnamed-914.jpg unnamed-915.jpg unnamed-916.jpg unnamed-918.jpg unnamed-919.jpg unnamed-912.jpg unnamed-917.jpg unnamed-920.jpg ATTACH] unnamed-921.jpg unnamed-923.jpg

Attachments

• unnamed-922.jpg
    unnamed-922.jpg
    73 KB · Views: 64
Nice work! I find it odd when you click on the "video" you get 20 seconds of actual video and the rest of still photography in a slide show. Probably expensive as hell.

Looks like a big Euc Chris.

I have to agree with Rajan about the "video." For me the really dissapointing thing is that it just shoes a guy monkeying (to stick with the "primate," thing) around in a big, broad-limb Euc, which has little or nothing to do with what 90% of us wear spurs for: going up vert. stems with a flip-line.

I guess he designed them to do less damage for spur-pruning or something. :? Oh, and that CANNOT be the real price.

Back