The Official Work Pictures Thread

Peter, that's the way it goes sometimes. Hang in there, fix the truck on slow days. Stay ahead of repairs with preventative maintenance, the truck looks good !

Plus one on Toms' post. Good to see your putting it right to work Peter.

The right call isn't always easy to make Rich...but it can be the smartest one. You are your own last defense for avoiding a bad occurrence.

uploadfromtaptalk1469594556307.jpg
Had my head in my rear end last night.
uploadfromtaptalk1469594589218.jpg
Installed the third member this am since it finally showed up yesterday.
uploadfromtaptalk1469594631055.jpg uploadfromtaptalk1469594641141.jpg
Nuts and washers sat out too long so I had to clean them up tonight. uploadfromtaptalk1469594684329.jpg uploadfromtaptalk1469594690392.jpg
Axles installed! I pity the next sucker to have to pull this apart!

Installed the third member this am since it finally showed up yesterday.

Hell, just having ONE member installed in your rear end sounds like too much to me...but the THIRD???

At least you were wearing your big boy T-shirt. :D

Cool you got it back together.

Re: nuts and washers...how did you clean them? When I had a lot like that on an old truck I rebuilt I used a wire wheel on a bench grinder....had more than one get loose and rocket across the warehouse.

Yup, wheel nut indicators.

If you dont have them the early warning sign is usually a little spray of rust around the loosened nut. Shortly followed by the wheel falling off.

That's what took you so long to fix it. You had your head stuck in your rear end playing with your third member. Ewwwww, I bet it smelled awful too. :D

Nice work Willie!

Thanks for the encouraging word guys. To be honest I'm really bummed, i hope I didn't bite off more than I can chew. I have the ability to work on the truck, just not in a timely manner and with my limited finances. Things are picking up, but I'm not sure if I'm able to see the light due to my own pessimism. Surprisingly my GF is very supportive, a side of her I've not really seen. It's a nice change.

View attachment 72149

I'm not sure if this pic shows up, seem to have a little problems uploading.

Pulled over this Manitoba maple away from the house, had a good 20deg or so lean towards the house. Maasdam came through again. Nice n' easy lay down, big ugly hinge with a split, right between the wires. Hour and a half with some climbing to take off some side weight. Just over 90 F.

No pic that i can see. Just work the hell out of that truck and make sure you're charging a decent buck. It'll all be good if you do. Be sure you're factoring in for return on that investment.

...I'm still trying to convince myself that I made a good decision. :(

Dude. Never do that. There are times, especially in the winter when you're just cold, wet, hungry, tired and your entire crew is absolutely miserable, but the greedy managers who zip around in heated trucks all day just keep cracking the whip. Sometimes it's just time to go home, and it takes a real, live grown man to know when the time truely comes. Cowboys are just that--a buncha boys--who sometimes don't know when to quit and just end up making all of their subordinates (wives included) miserable, or even getting people hurt/killed. Sounds like the bucket mighta just been faster and easier anyways. It's just tree work. Sure there's a time to man-up and git-er-done, but just never, ever, ever, ever derive your sense of identity from your work stamina. Really, really bad idea. Your marriage won't last long either.

Grendel: If everyone in the world owned your chainsaws... there would be no more war. Then again... there'd be no trees left either.

Willie: Like Mick said... rspect!!

Crispy Piss Fir. Probably 85'x 30". Just had to prune a little plumb across town and then drive over to turn this into firewood. Pretty fun day all around... off at 1:00 pm, and good to have Andy back from his vacation. Nice now that the ground is dry and hard as a rock to drop big sticks onto without cratering the lawn...

unnamed-867.jpg unnamed-868.jpg

Man, this saw got ugly fast. Never paint yer saw gents. ;)

unnamed-871.jpg unnamed-869.jpg unnamed-872.jpg

Ended up a tad low on my far corner. :X unnamed-870.jpg

It's just tree work. Sure there's a time to man-up and git-er-done, but just never, ever, ever, ever derive your sense of identity from your work stamina. Really, really bad idea.

Something tells me that is good advice. Something tells me you ignore your own advice from time to time. I do that a lot too.

Crispy critter the other day... cracked, starting to rot... Leaning at sheds and a barn.... Had to take a big top... too compromised to climb past 20" wood.

Attachments

• Rotton Pine.jpg
    Rotton Pine.jpg
    146.7 KB · Views: 55
  • Rotton Pine 2.jpg
    Rotton Pine 2.jpg
    79.1 KB · Views: 52
  • Rotton Pine 3.jpg
    Rotton Pine 3.jpg
    85.5 KB · Views: 54
Back