The Official Work Pictures Thread

Thanks all!

Who was taking those pics? Another climber? A drone???

Cool.

Boss, the oak I was in was right close to Bixlers sugar pine....I got pics of him, he of me

Great stuff you two. I always love working with another climber. Makes the day go so much faster working close together chit chatting on the head sets.

:thumbup: Yep it is fun Stephen, time goes by faster!....Tree's were so close we didnt need Sena :)

Somebody asked me if i would cut the grass around some rice fields for five days. I said ok. :|:

Mowers are cool though, lots of power to climb out of the mud and go up and down hills. The handle swings around over 200 degrees and also way extends and raises up and down so you can cut from the top of the hill unless it is a real long one. Figure out a way to balance the thing. Rolled it over a couple times though, and once dropped it half way into the creek and had to shout for help to get it out. The device seems pretty much indestructible. They must be made for the rice fields, have seen them around but never tried myself. Should finish up tomorrow, hopefully. Any longer I'll go nuts...endless fields and grass. Must have walked fifty miles....

Attachments

• grass.jpg
    grass.jpg
    202.9 KB · Views: 50
  • grass1.jpg
    grass1.jpg
    121.9 KB · Views: 46
  • grass2.jpg
    grass2.jpg
    286 KB · Views: 50
Agreed on that Butch. Sickest avatar ever btw.

Jay: Beautiful shots. Wow, man. Lovely place.

BOTS: Looks like you had the way harder job, sir.

I hate it!

Ha, but for sure there are worse things to do. For me there is kind of a transcendence beyond the hating part if I can get there. The resistance part drops away and it's just the task with a new and more comfortable energy. People here, they are able to work so unbelievably consistently hard and regimented, if you can stay with them they can take you to another place about it. Honorable workers, never seen one slacker in all my years here, young or old, they sure have something going with it I can tell you. Some disconnect with self maybe, not feeling sorry for themselves, I dunno.... Very generally kindly people to work with as well, at least when doing outside stuff.

The fields did look really good when all neatly trimmed up. I hadn't paid much attention to that before. It gave ma a new view.

Jedi hinge master, yep, but I volunteered for the oaks, I didnt feel like spur climbing in morning and yes it was the harder job, them oaks worked me pretty good lol :D

image.jpg
Only pic from today. Used this pine to strip down two smaller oaks. That part went well. I got a bad feeling when I went back up to finish off the pine. Both of those tops were 20 inches in diameter and went horizontal for 10-15 feet before turning vertical again. The wind was twisting the tree a lot and with the small drop zone I said fug it. It can wait till Monday or till a bucket is available. I spent the next half hour staring up at it second guessing my second guessing. It's been a long time since I've walked away from a tree. I'm still trying to convince myself that I made a good decision. :(

Looks like a nasty tree, Rich. Follow your gut. Obviously, you know what youre doing when it comes to tree removal!

You at least made a good decision sharing your indecision. Somebody that is always sure of what they are doing and doesn't step back sometimes....I think they are not listening to that small voice that probably keeps us alive sometimes.

Your spidey-sense got lit up...experience at work in my book. You guys that do trees all the time develop instincts/intuitions that come from paying attention to things that can go wrong unexpectedly. I applaud you for having the gumption to leave the work until another day...especially if you have a bucket you can bring back.

When I see somebody like you with lots of real tree experience step away from a tree it helps remind me that I really need to be willing to do the same if I feel uncertain about a tree.

There's no shame in leaving it for another day, going with your gut is the best way always. Once you've got your doubts it's so much harder to push on with the distraction which is only another burden on top of the bad weather or whatever. The work can wait.

Excellent call to walk away for now. Its important to respect the little voice. Then someday when it fully needs to be listened to, you will already have the practice needed to do so.

Great pics!

Nothing exciting here, fixed my overheating issue (bad rad cap) which caused a rad leak. Still I've been loosing sleep on this purchase, I'm praying I can make a go of it before repairs get expensive. Surprisingly my GF is very supportive and even fronted some cashola to pay for the taxes on the purchase. Strange.

Have a short trip to the scrap yard planned then take it back to the garage again to adjust passenger side rear brakes they are a bit tight.

IMG_20160726_111859.jpg

Back