The Official Work Pictures Thread

Willard if you've never punched holes in pavement that's surprising to me since you fell so many big ones. I've punched holes in pavement more times than I can(or would care to) remember with our teenie interior trees.

It's funny that you'll 'argue' about cutting off the offending limbs or building a bed to cushion it, no damage to the pavement you'd do because your 'experience' sees every angle......yet you smacked a f-cking cab the other day by not securing your work zone. Find some humility man and quite being so critical and boastful.

90-100' tall redwood with 6' limb butts? 5' across the cut? Didn't know you have them up there.

55+ mobile home park/ golf retirement community, where everyone will be out to inspect for any damage. Old, old, old folks with their canes and walkers...a small divot can mean a fall. Old people falling can mean a broken hip or worse. Its a bit of PITA to have to get every last chip up, but I sleep well knowing there won't be a problem that I could get sued over.

I don't know how expensive asphalt repair is. I don't want to know.

Re. The last point, you can buy asphalt repair stuff (at least you could 10 years ago when I put some holes in a drive) it was just a bag of stuff you poured into the hole and banged it down, I can't remember how it hardened, maybe just the action of hammering it down did it.

I've used that stuff Mick. Cold something a rather they refer to it here. Basically cold asphalt repair. Better than doing nothing but a far cry from the original asphalt and always looks like a patch.

True, it's better than filling out a claim form if you can get away with it though.
A lot depends on how good it was beforehand of course.

Sure looks exotic to a Dane:)

Man, that even looks exotic to us way down south in Washington. Good job Fiona. View pruning done the right way.

Just dumb pics today. Dumb job. Big Leaf Maple removal down in a hole over a Rhododendron garden. :|: Andy did 60% of it with the bucket. I only had to climb for the last half-hour. I'm trying to recompense for my dull work pics with this little sun-spot on Mt. Si.

unnamed-752.jpg unnamed-753.jpg unnamed-751.jpg unnamed-754.jpg

Funny, my site visit today was to look at annual touch up pruning at a customer's. We were walking the property. I mentioned having to do a big redwood removal last week, so light pruning is nice to mix it up. I told her how I never have to worry about property damage on a light pruning job like I do on a big removal. We were about 20' away, walking up toward her house when she pointed out the two crappy "cold patch" patches in the driveway from the 'tree guy' that used to do her work. I've worked for them for 5 years, annually.

The redwood job came to me with the normal park work there that I do. She tried some other guy last year, who rents a fenced RV space from the park management for his bucket truck and chipper. He did one job for her, spur pruned a bunch of trees and was hitting her up for a cash payment because he was about to go on vacation, and didn't have time for the bank. She's back with me. Going the extra mile to relieve the property manager of stress about jobs means I'm back to getting all their business, even though there are cheaper bids to be had.

Been moving into a new house the last few days, no work worth showing going on anyhow. So here's the new bar on the 390. Oregon really carved out some weight on these things. Balance is acceptable, bordering on good. 8)

32" .63, full skip.

IMG_20160523_163504921_HDR.jpg

What do those run? I looked at a Stihl light version of a 28", .050, 3/8" the other day $139 compared to $89 for standard.

Peter when you check the details closer you'll find Ontario's 1990 no fault auto insurance was actually a "hybrid " no fault and tort insurance combined.
Quebec had "pure" no fault insurance introduced in 1978 ( first in North America ). Manitoba followed with pure no fault insurance in 1993.
Ontario revised their private auto insurance system several times into the late 1990s and is the most expensive in the country.

ahhh, the devil is in the details.

Yeah that guy does have it easy but he sell some thousand cords a year so he does not have it all that easy. Thank you the box will last that long but IDK about the truck. The last pic is tree planting at my house 18 oaks swamp white, bur, and one blue beech.

Back