The Official Work Pictures Thread

Nice pics. I love log trucks!

Why did you go bare root and how do you get em bare, dig a little ball and then shake? Thanks.

Had an easy one today.
4 ash trees that could be stripped and flopped.
Felled, actually. Not over much room either. You know, the kind of job that would have been absolutely epic, had it been done by a certain canadian, but is more or less every day stuff to the rest of us.
The one next to the house had Polyporus Squamosus and was hollow and in bad shape, but I'd stuck a saw in it when I made the bid, and knew that there was enough sound wood for it to be felled.
What I didn't know was that bats had nested in it for generations.
Cut a high stump to win a little distance at the other end, and sprayed myself badly with bat guano.
Richard stayed upwind of me the rest of the day.

Sold the logs to a woodturner and one hollow log to a local wood artist, which helped bring the price of the job way down and made the client way happy.
Also meant that we made good money and he got it done cheaply..win-win.

No clean up, owner has a trucking outfit with dump trucks:)

So we were done by 11.30. I love a short day once in a while.

P1040423.JPG P1040429.JPG P1040432.JPG P1040436.JPG P1040430.JPG

Good work Stig. I love treepoo too.

When will Willard realise that his mediocre pics of small treework, and boring grinding pics DONT impress any of us Treehousers?? Ha, har de har har har.

I like Williard's stuff, and I've learned tons just from his posts. My gunning sights where starting to suck, and he taught me to clean out the under-cut and run a carpinter "T-square," in there for a perfect read. Still use it on all my tight shots. He also knows the value of the 90 degree retainer line, which not so many arbs know about. I respect the heck out of both him and Stig. Boys will be boys, and neither are the sort to get their panties in a twist.

image.jpg
Only pic worth anything from today. Finished up a couple of red oak removals this morning and was sent to this easy failure. Nothing to rig it to, but the trusty old skid steer was in tow. Used it as a prop and an hour later we were in the back doing a way to long dead ash.

The same goes for you, too, Willard.

ENOUGH OF THIS GODDAMNEDN friggin' BULLSHIT BANTER!

Do NOT make me take measures with any of you. You will not like it one bit.

We sometimes tarp the roof. This one was all superficial damage. A few torn shingles but won't leak unless we get a serious storm. The homeowner said he's not even bothering with the insurance company. New gutter will cost the most ( after out bill) and its less than a bundle of shingles

The same goes for you, too, Willard.

ENOUGH OF THIS GODDAMNEDN friggin' BULLSHIT BANTER!

Do NOT make me take measures with any of you. You will not like it one bit.

Might as well add me to the shit list, Butch. I'm with Stig, and not giving an inch. I may well not like it as you say, but if you think I deserve punishment, pour it on.

Back