The Official Work Pictures Thread

hahaha, its almost like you know you're wasting your breath with the spiel to level expectations out but still have to follow through as its effective in 3-5% of cases.

I've been having the same post-prune conversations now for ever it seems. As much as I try to explain it pre-prune, it is never enough.

Post prune could get a bit tense I imagine. I now word my bids "reduce by up to x%", max cut diameters 150mm etc because I don't do well when clients try to challenge whether a job is complete - this way I feel more protected.

Reg: Really good writing. A more concise analysis of the various elements of reduction misery can hardly be imagined. With your permission, I might read your post at one of our upcoming Wed. meetings with our salesmen/estimators.

Brewin up one of my annual rants... fixin ta go off the rails.

I had one this week, one client wanted "vista pruning" of the neighbour's oak to give light to the pool.
The tree's owner wanted the minimum done, the pool's owner wanted the maximum done.
I pulled it off in the sense no one was too unhappy and I got a cheque, but all day you get the feeling that one or the other was going to dig their heels in and cock it all up.

Take 'em out there's no argument, house is still there, tree is gone, cheque made out to......please.

Frikkn great writing there Reg,lol,in the mind of a tree climber. At least we understand each other...

I try to get paid hourly on tree care like that. I'll stand in one place taking a break for a change while the customer thinks. Doesn't bother me, mostly. The finickier they are about things, the less work per hour for me.

Having some convenient app that allow you to take picture and then easily draw lines, might help.

I just had a neighbor's trees/ Mount Rainier view reduction that was a PITA, and a walnut reduction PITA. Homeowners weren't there to check-in during the process.

When they want it "just so", its a time where making the customer stand there and watch what is involved for an hour or two helps them to understand its not "well, since you're up there...", and gains recommendations.

I like the in and out in one full day jobs, two days max. Three does become more tiring.

Because that's how a deala rollz. He probably did the first stump for free, and then when they came back begging for more it was all 'Up front in cash tattooed lady'.

:D

:lol:

Oh, man Justin and Williard... that was so very funny you gents. Oh wow... that made me laugh.

I was about to go on some new rant about view pruning, but I clean forgot my miseries.

Bandwagoning here, but, awesome post Reg, just awesome.

I sure would never do that.

If I thought that way about them, I'd never do the job.

What's wrong with tattoos? This ain't 20 years ago...

Today was a better day. topping and grappling between trees on the edge of a forest. Jared is the other climber....ex- forest fire-fighter/faller turned climber in recent years. Guaranteed a laugh with him on the job....but he gets through the work. Unlisted vid, so keep within TH please. Thanks

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/PbjzJh_7jUk" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Now that's the way view pruning's supposed to be done. Don't even bid the job unless you can just crack the thing in half and leave the debris on the hill. Use a Humboldt and charge a little bit extra to shave the splinters off the hingewood.

Back