The Official Work Pictures Thread

We're topping at about 100 ft there. Don't know what it is about that number....how it keeps coming up exactly. I topped the first tree of the day, rappelled to find I'm at the very end of the 200 ft doubled line upon touching down. This happens so often.

Yeah we had a good day there. Easy work.

Now that's the way view pruning's supposed to be done. Don't even bid the job unless you can just crack the thing in half and leave the debris on the hill. Use a Humboldt and charge a little bit extra to shave the splinters off the hingewood.

hahaha...I noticed that, too...shaved off the hinge splinters. Probably ruined a perfectly good hinge picture! :lol:

I liked that gentlish sway after the top left...almost comforting in a way.

And Reg....
Yeah we had a good day there. Easy work.
Pretty funny when someone calls topping trees at 100 feet an easy work day...most of the world cannot identify with that. :D

It's true Gary. You saw it there on the vid....one cut, nothing to damage. And then an easy transfer to the next tree. I've had tougher days trimming hedges.

Are you crazy??!! That stem might have been 40'...and very few arborists are capable of such a feat. ;) (from another thread)

Like your tackle picture and Jedi hinge...good stuff.

Now that's the way view pruning's supposed to be done. Don't even bid the job unless you can just crack the thing in half and leave the debris on the hill. Use a Humboldt and charge a little bit extra to shave the splinters off the hingewood.

+10

a few from this morning. I run this little Ford on hte driving range and we have two Ferguson 35's we use gang mowers on for the fairways....my "office": ball washer, mower storage, etc.

Attachments

• 160511_001.jpg
    160511_001.jpg
    165.9 KB · Views: 66
  • 160520_001.jpg
    160520_001.jpg
    195.5 KB · Views: 68
  • 160520_002.jpg
    160520_002.jpg
    194.6 KB · Views: 71
  • 160520_003.jpg
    160520_003.jpg
    261.5 KB · Views: 71
a few from this morning. I run this little Ford on hte driving range and we have two Ferguson 35's we use gang mowers on for the fairways....my "office": ball washer, mower storage, etc.

No way Dave. You and my dad (also named Dave) are doing the exact same job right now, I'm not kiddn ya. I was just out at Mt. Si golf course checking out his 1954 Massy that he pulls the gang mower with. He's in love with that thing. I'll try to get out there again for some pics.

Grendel: DANG! I'd say those new dogs are workin out pretty good. Lazer hinge.

Swung a few weird nasty head-leaners today. The Oak swung like Tarzan.

unnamed-748.jpg unnamed-749.jpg unnamed-750.jpg

Ya Jed, them feral pigs gutted kinda weird....

Reg, fun vid, good to hear you laughing, looked like a low stress day!

What type of oak Jed? We've got a few that don't follow directions for crap around here. Most fall in line but those few misfits require a bit of caution.

You know your stuff Williard. Super bird-face to keep it on the stump?

Rich: Red Oak I'm pretty sure. Seem to hinge like a door.

Is that machine fun to run Dave? I could do that I think.

Dad rebuilt the greens at the golf course in town. Some were upset, it was one of the last sand-green golf courses in the country, but they wanted raised grass greens.

He came home with a five gallon bucket of golf balls every night. I found me an old wood driver and now all those balls are on the other side of the barn. Once in a while I would hit that arrow that I shot into the roof that was too high to reach by ladder.

JIm, the tractor isn't bad, just have to take wide turns...the thrill of the ball washer wore off nearly immediately.:lol:

Boss seems happy with me; told me he likes my attitude and my work.

Mick, I'm already "settled in" and pretty much on my own for the season.

I start at daylight and do my thing, don't see any others around for 3-4 hours unless a stray golfer appears for an early round. Boss has told me unless a situation occurs I might not see him the rest of the summer...fine with me, I like it that way. I go in three days per week, do what needs done, and am home by noon (unless I partake of a free round of golf;)).

Back