The Official Work Pictures Thread

Great pics Jed and Stephen! I used to hate those kind of inspections Jed. Those guys are hired to find something wrong and they always do, no matter how minuscule it might be. Like you, the boss always told us not to say anything to them, just be nice, take your lumps and move on. Most of them didn't have a clue about the work.

They're saying how their buts hurt from getting reamed by their bosses and now to feel better shit rolls down hill. IMO

Pretty close Rajan.

In the particular shot I took, the manager of the Western Operating Group is chewing out my own local bosses for having what he considers to be inadequate climbing gear (after openly admitting that the criteria that the gear should meat is subjective) in our rescue bag. I pointed out that for all of us in the field, the bag is just a corporate redundancy since, in an actual emergency rescue... we all would just grab our own gear anyway. You can just imagine how that one went over.

Once every two or three years we have to endure an eight-hour stint of this type of stuff... today's the day. :barf:

I've never understood those emergency gear bags. Like you already stated, anyone would grab there own gear. What good does it do to have equipment you never use? The shit just sits and will dry rot. I tossed the company climbing rig out of my truck. None of the guys would use it and it just took up valuable space that could be filled with useful equipment.
8 hours once a year isn't to bad I guess. Good luck with it and have a great day

I didn't mean it that way, Andreij.
I quite often buy stuff in other countries, because I can get it cheaper than at home.
Used to buy a lot of stuff in the US, but the $ is so high now, that it isn't worth it.

Oh man, Peter, you are hilarious brother. That's the funniest poster I've seen in a while.

Andre!!! Photographer of the year, in my opinion. The color of that oxidized saw-dust (What kind of tree is that!?) on those cobblestones set against the color of the moss and the English Ivy... the color of the ropes blending into the whole shot... the very bar oil suspended in the water. I love it all. You truely have a gift.

Yeah Rich... today pretty painless, really. Got to climb the Maple in the pic with the corporate climber guy's HAAS ascender with the little bungee deal in conjunction with another little CMI ascender on my left foot. I was actually really impressed with the rig. Never been a huge ascender guy, myself, even though Irish Joe Brophy blew me away with it years ago. I guess it was kinda fun... everyone was actually being pretty cool with the usual tree-guy swagger and heckling being kept to a pretty bare minimum. That being said... half of this new gadgetry out there is obviously just a bunch of time-eating nonsense.

unnamed-657.jpg unnamed-656.jpg

Oh, man... I gotta get out and split my new load of Madrone. mopedsmile:

Good batch of pics all around since last time I checked in! Sadly I'm behind in posting these as the moss was just discussed. Spent all day in it about a one ton truckload and only dead removed so not to disrupt nut production. Had a bit left to go at the after shot.
419a43954f5adc42f5bae5874695819f.jpg

5b187ec2941b108cb2574f03a92fdb43.jpg

Back