The Official Work Pictures Thread

Stripped this fir, then backed the chipper right up to the mess.
99152f37310d29a1a4edb0dd45917bca.jpg

The trailer takes everything to the tree in one shot, which I like.

I could drop most of the limbs between the garden fence and little tree on one side and the wood shed and cypress on the other.

A slack speed line took care of these.
6914eed164d1fcfa558df1fc87b28c72.jpg

I'll wraptor up tomorrow and chunk it down into a bare dirt area in the rear, soon to be covered with mulch, and a new shed.

Pretty run of the mill. Nothing fancy.

Coolvest on a hot day, in the 90s, yay!

Nice pictures everyone! Joel, it seems like every one of your trees is a monster.
Got to go grapple fishing for a cottonwood yesterday.
f5ca800837bb1ab54fad9d15890022ee.jpg
4b975673f661771dfb953d3732397920.jpg

Also a random of the stump grinder flying through the air.
6e06d2bca0ad49bbd97f896b6caef3a2.jpg

Yeah, and I wish I had more pictures to share. There has been some cool things that we have done, but everything is so go go go that I don't even think about taking a picture until it's too late.

A flying stump grinder! You don't see that everyday. Scorching hot here this morning. We got a good rain about the time we got the top out of this one that soaked me but cooled things down considerable. Took down four cabbage palms along with the pine and the customer took care of the wood and debris. Nice. No idea why that last pic loaded twice, once sideways
P7310078.jpg P7310081.jpg P7310083.jpg

Attachments

• P7310083.jpg
    P7310083.jpg
    153.2 KB · Views: 71
Ray, the trees you work in are just so different from anything here.
That is one of the things I love about The House. Being able to see how other people in other parts of the world work.

And the spirited discussions, of course:)

You know, Ray, there aren't many places where people like us can meet.
Commies and die hard right wing Americans.
This is one.
And the funny thing is, however different we may be, I bet we'd have a hell of a good time together if we ever got to sit down over a beer or a cup of Java.

At least that is how it has been with the other Treehouse members I have visited. A handfull over the years, and it has always been real good.

All political differences aside, we are first and foremost treeworkers.

I have no doubt Stig, and men who even in our late fifties, enjoy an honest day's work well done. Believe it or not, (and like it or not), I pray for you on a regular basis. You are obviously a man of great discipline who demands excellence from those who work under your tutelage. Not to mention the fact that you're not ashamed to voice your opinions, even if they may be at times misguided;)

Yes I agree. Just not meant to happen yet for me. Hated to pass it up at that price but all in good time.
Finished the last 400' in that section of ROW. About 20 yards to chip left but I blew a hydraulic line on the grapple bucket. Almost two full weeks. Gotta be close to a record.

Existing gas. Putting in new line and reclaiming the old. They are clearing full width to remind people it's there. I think they're getting tired of sheds and garages being built on them. Pic was posted yesterday. Sorry no time for new ones today.

Anyone bitchin' about it? Always amazes me that people buy property and don't understand the existing easements. Many transmission line ROW's are not cleared to full width and people always act like it's such an invasion when they finally are, sometimes a hundred years after the fact. Understandable from a basic human standpoint but some people just don't want to get with the program and accept it.

I know those gas ROW's are generally just a grass floor and usually the overhang is kept on the sides for a "cathedral" effect.

A few people are upset but it's mainly a rural area we are in. This was about 15'-20' wide grass and will be 60' now. The most complaining we get is the lack of firewood we leave. With an 18" and 21" chipper, and tight deadlines there isn't time to cut wood off unless it's to big to chip.

Back