The Official Work Pictures Thread

Here's a job we're working on. A little tree work, little dirt work... generally a good time. There are 4 small easy trees to remove, put a bid out on a large pine this morning as well.

<iframe width="853" height="480" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/3kNJGbxhGxM" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Looks like the valley oaks I have at a customers place that grew straight up due to competition prior to the house build. Almost 80 percent of them are 80-90 foot tall and less than a 30 inch trunk..

Falling timber and wreck jobs were my fav, but fine pruning was one of the things I always loved to dabble in. I took two years of horticulture to grasp a simple understanding of plant morphology and physiology. And, in fine pruning, understanding both is a prime requisite.

Job from last Friday. River side property, 75' topped Cottonwood with pool house in behind. Client requested deadwooding... What was I thinking on my price? Some of those limbs were 18" and 35' long and the tips and all the bark fell off at as soon as it slammed into the stem.

Thank God for SRT and a Bigshot, that bark is so rough it's all you can do to get a line over a limb at 75'. Skidsteer access made it possible for the two of us to getr done.

IMG_1859.JPG

IMG_1840.JPG

IMG_1846.JPG

IMG_1851.JPG

IMG_1853.JPG

Hanging out with the TCI boys again this week.
uzere5am.jpg
ybeba9uz.jpg
4yja8azu.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Ranger,did the grapple crane out all the cuts in that tree or just the lower ones??

I grappled a lot of the stuff we couldn't just drop. There were a few leads over the house and some over the truck we grappled, then we grappled a lot of the wood as well. Less damage to the ground that way and more controlled.

Found some old pictures. Nothing cool, but pictures that are dear to me.

This one is when we were on a ripper putting out wood. 5 loads a day. Me and one other guy kept those trucks moving. I was sort of proud to move that volume of wood to a landing with only a few months experience. Plus we were on mountain terrain AND doing a clean job. This picture reminded me of watching the trucks come in and out like bees to a hive that summer.

This one makes me smile too because winter in the woods is so damn pretty. I used to chase this truck 4 miles out to a road each evening because the tractor didn't have locking rears and was lousy in the snow. Being the low man in the mix, I had to make the 30 minute drive out to the gate behind this truck and turn around and go back to park my skidder. He needed a shove with the skidder blade up the hills once we were off this old railroad bed and on hunting camp two track roads.

White oak sapling removal

Removed this last week, 4 load of wood! We got a bit creative with the wood, I didnt want to rig all that down so we got some truck tyres and dropped it onto those and a pile of logs. No damage!

The money shot =

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/AnqbpH58UWI?list=UUplFE6m21Du1C13tnRwkZPw" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Attachments

• IMG_2534.jpg
    IMG_2534.jpg
    72.8 KB · Views: 65
  • IMG_2535.jpg
    IMG_2535.jpg
    275.6 KB · Views: 65
  • 3.jpg
    3.jpg
    85.1 KB · Views: 64
  • 4.jpg
    4.jpg