The Official Work Pictures Thread

Mick you are truly a sad git when you watch youtube of stump grinding! Am I seeing that right that you cut down into the stump at a V angle to remove wood??

One day Im going to ask you how you came to relocating to South of France. Seems like a huge life change at our age.

Rsky HUGE oak there man, six to get rained out and have to go back
Ha! Yes I am.
I was going to ask if others did that, what I do, more often if I have to tidy and level the site, is create a "bowl" with a very sharp saw to lessen the amount of grindings. It also, of course, speeds up the grind.
Good pics all, beards are de rigeur at the moment, I'll have to start a thread.

Hey Butch, long time no lurk. Still doing the odd 30 footer when I can. Still not good enough to go stubless but get er done just the same. Nice to see CV, WWB, NoBiv, Bodean, Gary and others are all still alive and well.

dsc04725.jpg dsc04727.jpg

Yeah, still doing the scaffolding thing. Got through over a hundred unread pages of this thread and recall you talking about getting out of fulltime treework again. Got anything else in mind?

@ Ryan

I'm doing it, but I don't want to mention it online... that was a mistake the last time I did. I still have all my gear and do treework, but not like I did before.

A few from today.
Broken lead clean up Pecan.
pydujeje.jpg

Then started this live oak dead wood and trim 3/4 done and boomers and a pouring rain.
ve5urade.jpg

9yrevuru.jpg

Pre climb briefing;)
a8e9edyt.jpg
Man that live oak looks like a fun climb
Love your pics thanks for sharing
Keep them coming!!

Cut this chinese fan palm in one and loaded it on the crane truck, extra after a norfolk pine removal.
Other pics view from up in the bucket of the pine removal, had to have power line drop, still had cable and telephone below, and grumpy neighbours roof.
From earlier this summer while I was still in Bermuda

Attachments

• P6260308.jpg
    P6260308.jpg
    236.8 KB · Views: 65
  • P6250302.jpg
    P6250302.jpg
    239 KB · Views: 65
both were cut and drop mate .
There was a fence underneath the juglans so i just pieced it out as carefully as i could.
I spent an extra 15 min setting lines in two other trees so i had two separate life lines setup as i couldn't tell from the ground how dead it was.
the pine was a mushy mess but to my surprise the centre still had some integrity and the Juglans just felt a bit strange to be honest but ended up being ok.

Bodean,;) I do work in the rain some but the lightning that usually comes with our rain not so much. Prunes I hate working in the rain removals don't bother me to bad in it.

Here was part of today, thankfully it all stayed for the H.O. to clean up.
a8u4y7ad.jpg

Lighting not so nice but it was just resting in the neighboring tree.
yry2ygyn.jpg

Freed up everything that would catch and hold then pulled it over backwards staying well clear of the stump after a notch and a lil back cut. Then winched it over.

Back