The Official Work Pictures Thread

I'm pretty sure maybe 1-2 limbs were dropped. The rest was all roped. Tree was on a super steep hill covered with 5-8ft tall tecoma vines. It was all rigged and pulled over to the patio.
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1411506288.551131.jpg

Just a couple cuts to go

love
nick

I got to play mini-logger on Monday...a large residential block with some bush off the side. Elderly couple who can't manage felling any more.
It started out as removing a small windblown hanger then progressed into felling trees that were either dead or had lots of dead tops. They let the neighbour's Llamas brwose through to keep the grass down so didn't want dead stuff falling on them.
8:30am to 5pm...homemade bread sandwiches, cups of coffee, scones and cream...they kept us fuelled up!

I felled the trees and limbed them then hubby used the truck to pull them up the hill for cutting into firewood. I used almost all my full bag of tricks, bore cuts, wedges, staggered back cuts, redirects for pulling (it was a bit breezy) and finished the day doing a small 'two at one go'. Two small trunks, leaning towards the fence, got a pull rope up around both tops, cut the wedge away downhill away from the lean, back cut both trunks with the 461 at the same time...whew, laid them right along the fence...did victory dance (not quite a twerk though, just a little hip wiggle)

Attachments

• DSC00035.jpg
    DSC00035.jpg
    361.7 KB · Views: 58
  • DSC00030.jpg
    DSC00030.jpg
    378.3 KB · Views: 57
  • DSC00029.jpg
    DSC00029.jpg
    360.5 KB · Views: 57
  • DSC00025.jpg
    DSC00025.jpg
    366.2 KB · Views: 57
The price was right :)

We also got hired to inject the 12 other pines on his property to protect against the bark beetles that fled the tree we cut down. This basically doubled the revenue of the job. The crew spent one day injecting a week and a half ago, then a day today to cut the tree.

love
nick

Sure was, I had a blast. Now I've just spent most of the proceeds on-line at TreeStuff!!!

Cool Truck Bermy!

Nick, do you guys fight mountain pine beetle down there or a different bark beetle species?

I just love that truck Fiona!

Nice job on that one Nick. The hills Sure can make a job interesting and more thought out.
Hope they called the pool guy after you left :lol:

Stephen, try taking the end of your rope and putting it through the red ring and tying a HH stopper knot to get rid of that second biner. Ive been climbing like that for 6 months or so and love it.

I teamed up with Bixler for a dead Pondy crane out on a smokey wednesday.

MADMAN (Joe M) wanted to do the crane removal, he did a good job :thumbup:

Brian and me worked the ground chipping 33ft top into TRex chipper...hauled all away mabey 3 hour with clean up
then off to next job for oak removal and trimming 3 oaks as well....

In this pic you can see how smokey it is....:|::|:

Nice BOTS, finally rain today... hopefully we can get a handle on these fires, cough, cough. Here's you making the flush cut. :)

Attachments

• IMG_1012.jpg
    IMG_1012.jpg
    275.4 KB · Views: 67
542ff5a0d3f78a698246c7dde834ef4f.jpg

Best picture of the day. Went back up to 100', speed lined about 6 limbs... Here came the rain. I could see it by the time I went back up, rolling in. Midwest rain style. I wanted to continue, but knew it would be stupid. Captain Dan style.

Wraptor back up tomorrow, speedline a bit, or blow a big top if the wind lets up.

61377a3886ce22b4d90cc00e2ad27f0b.jpg

Dropped a14 inch diameter top yesterday, about 40' long
232518792e50ef7214005797ffb51232.jpg

Room to drop the rest in one shot toward the access gate in the neighbors yard, to go to the log buyer.

One more top then the biggest. I underbid this job. Still make out okay. Keep learning from it.

Might haul logs tomorrow.

P.S. Stubs are due to using the Wraptor. I didn't put on my boots and spurs to climb up 20' above my wraptor line. Came down and topped it at the last place I had stubs to stand on. 10' to spare from the neighbor's important keeper tree.

Butt logs will make very nice lumber, middle logs so-so. I'll long-butt the trees to avoid the likely metal at the bottom, avoid getting a cull log, hopefully.

Sean, you think you love it now, wait till 6 years of using it and then something goes wrong with it. You literally won't be able to work without it:lol: I get guys call me with a problem (usually worn out hub) and when I tell them they have to send it back its almost like no freakin way man!!

No state of the art technology thread, so I put this in the work pics. :lol: Somebody gave this to a friend that I work with. It is sturdy and actually pretty cool and has a big heart for moving when climbing hills and on irregular terrain. Good power and shift it into third gear and it will snap your head back a little. Mostly for agrigulture, I hadn't seen one utilized for tree work, but we are getting good use for moving short rounds and brush. Old but starts right up. In this case a neighbor to the job wanted the short cuts for firewood. They call it an umpansha or something. :dontknow: It gets good mileage too!

Attachments

• umpansha.jpg
    umpansha.jpg
    527.8 KB · Views: 71
Back