The Official Work Pictures Thread

Excellent explanations, thank you.

Btw, "scavenge"?

Cool. Uh, last question: are tweaked saws always louder than stock, or not necessarily?

The saws we build are always louder. Adding compression makes the engine louder, even if the muffler is left stock. I don't add extra outlets unless testing have proven that the engine responses the the added exhaust area. Normally, we open the stock outlet, and make custom deflectors in the stock locations.

This is one of our MS261C-Ms. It's 68% faster than stock, after mods, and with my chain.

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/odZJ_5sLySQ" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

68%, that's pretty huge.

Do you do 201's? If so, may I ask the cost?

68%, that's pretty huge.

Do you do 201's? If so, may I ask the cost?

I fully port the 201 for 200.00 and return shipping of 30.00

<iframe width="420" height="315" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/9zf_Bzn33MM" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Glad to hear you are slammed!

Thanks for info and pricing. I like my 201 pretty well as is, but was wondering.

You can always have a go to mod yourself, Cory. Randy has generously provided some great inside info. It's cool to do one yourself, can make running it more fun. Imagining the cute little piston going up and down with your own participation. :D

usa-derailment-newyork.jpg

If anyone wants any info I have, all they have to do is ask......I have no "trade secrets" or any such bullshit. I like seeing a guy mod his own saw......as a matter of fact, I do machine work for a lot of guys so they can take that jug and port it themselves.

It's cool to do one yourself, can make running it more fun. Imagining the cute little piston going up and down with your own participation. :D

I can totally appreciate that.

And I learned a boat load here!

But me modding my saw, well, it just aint gonna happen.

mastermind, what an improvement on the saws.
alright chainsaw nuts , heres a few pics from big G.
IMG_2360.jpg IMG_2358.jpg IMG_2357.jpg IMG_2355.jpg IMG_2352.jpg IMG_2351.jpg we used the cranes when they had a free spot so it was quite a frantic cut and load into the ateigo , we had trucks needing to get through our loading zone so i was running back to help kai
sorry no great action shots of the lifts but an intereting job none the less :beer:

Cool pics. Wonder if those large stationary crane operators come down for lunch, or eat remaining up top? Good climb to get to work.

Cool pics. Wonder if those large stationary crane operators come down for lunch, or eat remaining up top? Good climb to get to work.
i reckon they were about 60 to 70 odd meters tall so thats 200 feet for you guys over there. i wanted to be able to talk with the driver but the only way was to get the walkie talkie up to him haha so hand gestures it was , it made for some really interesting work .

i reckon they were about 60 to 70 odd meters tall so thats 200 feet for you guys over there. i wanted to be able to talk with the driver but the only way was to get the walkie talkie up to him haha so hand gestures it was , it made for some really interesting work .
driver didnt have a cell phone? looks like a very buisy jobsite for sure. nice job.

he had a walkie talkie to the foreman so they could communicate where to what etc. but most of the time he was 300 odd meters away i just hung around waiting for the chains ......... but 3.5 tonne at max reach , can't complain really.:/:

P1000144.JPG P1000147.JPG P1000158.JPG P1000173.JPG We finished this clearcut in oak yesterday, after working on it for 2 weeks.
Nice logging, but the mud makes it hard to get the logs out.

Back