The Official Work Pictures Thread

The guys that sell them on saving a tree like that are usually the guys too scared to put them on the ground. Killer work man. You are the real deal for sure.

Damn!

Bucket was too short today, by about 25 feet. These locusts grow tall. No lz, long wsipy limbs. Mess to rip apart tomorrow. Figured about 105-110 tall. Pretty cool.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    152 KB · Views: 74
Wow, Brendon, spacewalk...become an astronaut or something...

Tuck, you just found out that Paul is the real deal, where ya been? :lol:

Guess I have my priorities mixed up. I usually think about killing a tree first before the thoughts come around to possibly saving it. Maybe the way i was raised, my older brother pounding on me a lot of the time?

Nice Paul! What did you do with that log, firewood?

The butt log will go in the bonefire this winter but the second log was solid. I have a peterson swing blade mill so if I ever slow down enough I may mill some boards. Im really thinking about hiring somebody full time so I can get some stuff done, like milling, firewood, post and beams and getting started on building my house. My problem is I grew up poor so hate to pay somebody to do something I can do myself, problem is I dont have enough time.

Tucker thanks for the props, when you starting the Getto job??

MB broke that toe as a kid and never had it set. Doesnt bother me any other than when people point it out online:lol:

Hey B watch out for those locusts. I always say its going to be a locust that gets me, Scares the chit out of me how they rot sideways through the whole stem....

Paul, ghetto work starts in 3 weeks. Im just way to buried in work to make the transition right now. Plus with some recent break downs on trucks and such, I am getting behind.

Damn!

Bucket was too short today, by about 25 feet. These locusts grow tall. No lz, long wsipy limbs. Mess to rip apart tomorrow. Figured about 105-110 tall. Pretty cool.

Ha there's the pic! Having a bucket is sweet but they always come up short. Usually sooner than later. Lol.

DO IT, DO IT, DO IT, Chris.

Paul, could you split the log in two (the rest of the way, with a machine) and use it as a landscaping log? I suspect some people would pay some dollars for it? I did a western red cedar that had major but rot, which cracked the rest of the way with the crane and then kboom loading. I'm using it in my landscape. When I get to it, I will 'beat up' the ends of the log (cut flat with saw on removal) to make it look weathered. Funny how people with very 'built' landscapes might pay for a rotten old log.

Paul, not that I'm a financial whiz, but they say that poor people save their money and rich people invest it. Would you be investing in another employee rather than doing those things yourself? The only thing you can't buy is time.

Nick, you do ground duties for that company, as well as climb? An interesting color, what is the larger log in the truck?

Back