The Official Work Pictures Thread

He did
attachment.php

If I stay in the clearing gig, I can certainly see a dedicated blower in my future. The backpack blower works, but it's cumbersome to set up, has limited volume, and can't get far enough from the pile to not have to worry about the heat. The rate they accelerate consumption is impressive.

If you use a 500,000 BTU propane weed torch, you can do the same. Get it started with the flame and then put the torch near enough to fan with out flame to do the blowing, acts like a blast furnace.

If you are doing tons of clearing how come you don't step up to a mid or full size excavator or a feller? Im just curious. You seem to do a lot clearing work.

carl, one of our neighbors had a fan off an old airboat, with a ring of jets around the outside that sprayed diesel fuel. It would burn a hole through a big brush pile in a hurry.

Stephen, a 500k btu burner would consume 6 gallons of propane an hour.. That would be expensive! The pile has plenty of fuel, just needs more oxygen, a pto blower might do nicely I'm thinking.

If you are doing tons of clearing how come you don't step up to a mid or full size excavator or a feller? Im just curious. You seem to do a lot clearing work.

I have been fortunate to get a large job clearing an acre then doing the dirt work for a house pad (1.5k yard cut/5.5k yard fill). Since valentines day I've out 190 hours on the mini ex. My plan is to get this ex paid off (2500 hours, at 1008.8 now) then sell it and get a slightly larger (5-8 ton on rubber tracks) ex with cab and air. The air is more important to me than size. If it works out I would keep this ex and just get another, but I'm new to the excavator game and don't want to get in deeper than I have work for.

Yeah Bob, I've heard of them, although it's rare to see them for sale. I saw one this winter, but it was already sold.

Makes sense. I was curious. You seem to be reaching hard into the site work market. My guess is that in due time you'll end up with a tri-axle and a dozer.

My current thoughts are to get a hook lift truck... With it I could do dirt work, tree work, and the frame ends past the tandems so I could pull heavy tags for moving equipment.

This particular job is an exception rather than the rule, and I'm careful to not forget that fact. I'm fortunate that this customer values me highly and has the means to get what he wants. I am also very grateful for the work and what it affords me.

Just till it gets going.. if it ain't going good enough.. pull out the blower.
It is different here. We have green plants that only contain 18 percent water even when fully green.. :lol:

Sheets of tin enclosing the fire works great too. 500,000 BTU propane weed torch... Now that sounds cool!

Comes in handy :D

<iframe width="420" height="315" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/Iwg4f7N5Hgs" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

<iframe width="420" height="315" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/R6vO57lLXRg" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

2 out of the 4 trees I got down to 30' of standing trunkwood. Hoping to reduce one of the two remaining by 10' tomorrow and then flop everything in the yard. Revisited the 1 or 2 branches over the primary on my way back from the tops. Little bit of tunnel vision or didn't have my nerve yet.:/:

001.jpg 007.jpg IMG056.jpg

Back