The Official Work Pictures Thread

You're quick, I corrected that almost immediately! It was, I need to go by and get an after picture of it. Grand tree for in town in a green lawn.

good stuff, i certainly dont envy you guys any of those big pines. heres a fun one from last week. severely declining black walnut. deadwooded and cabled. unfortunately after doing some research, i think the tree is infected with thousand cankers disease. if that is the case it is a certain death sentence. shame, and really bad news for californias black walnuts.
before
IMGP9895.jpg
IMGP9894.jpg
after
IMGP9898.jpg
the disease vector
IMGP9900.jpg

Finished my weekend "job". I made most of the logs in 16 footers. Logger is taking them for one use or another.

A few more.

It was a nice day.

Attachments

• er13.jpg
    er13.jpg
    62.4 KB · Views: 62
  • er14.jpg
    er14.jpg
    71.8 KB · Views: 62
  • er15.jpg
    er15.jpg
    27.6 KB · Views: 63
  • er16.jpg
    er16.jpg
    20.2 KB · Views: 63
  • er17.jpg
    er17.jpg
    22.5 KB · Views: 63
  • er20.jpg
    er20.jpg
    38.4 KB · Views: 62
Porky..that walnut has a great layout...too bad it is declining. Had to be a beautiful tree in its day.

Jeff...that's going to be one hot treehouse / playhouse now...bye, bye shade. Good job on the doings.

Nice, Jeff.

Chris, nice log pile, good thing you are there for size perspective.

What friction hitch are you using now that you said you are giving up the taut line?

Tautline. Scheduled myself off today to do a number of tasks including spending the time to learn a closed hitch here at home and refresh myself on being fluent with a Blake's.

I was asked to go survey an old farm yard that hasn't been maintained for more than 30 years. The new owner is overwhelmed with the amount of work that needs to be done. I took a series of pictures of the place, but this one picture helps sum things up pretty well. I've got a real job ahead of me, folks.

005.jpg

This is a picture of the north side of the house. I'm at a loss for words while trying to describe this. The east side is going to be just as bad, or even worse. The south side of the house has a well-maintained yard, with plenty of green grass, but the trees have been badly neglected.

More pictures of this will be coming as the work progresses.

Have a safe and profitable day, my friends.

Joel

One more picture of the project I'm about to begin working on. I should have some shoulders on me by the time I get done with this one.

006.jpg

The new (to me) dump truck is going to come in handy for this one. I'll post a few pictures of the work in progress.

Joel

What all exactly do they want you to do? Clear out all the dead and undesirable growth, and trim what was originally planted?

Half day with a mini ex and collect the check. Or you're gonna have some strong shoulders a week later. Good luck.

OK, here's the story. The older fella who owned this place ended up in a nursing home, where he lived out the remaining years of his life. During that period of time, stretching over many years, his farm had been abandoned. His farm land was being rented to a local farmer, who also used his grain bins and storage buildings, so the grass had been mowed on a regular basis, but no other yard maintenance had been performed. The owner passed away several years ago. I guess it's been 30 years or more since this place had any real attention.

Here's the progress I've made with this place so far. I figure I've got about a week's worth of work to do before I get the mess cleaned up.......then an additional few days before the soil will ready for seeding to grass once again.

100_4658.jpg 100_4657.jpg 100_4659.jpg 100_4660.jpg

One of the recent work photos failed to load. I'll post it in a following message.

Joel

Back