The Official Work Pictures Thread

Thanks Zane. I'd way rather have been a logger, but it wasn't in the cards. 28"!!! DANG, brother... that's some serious cutting.

Reg: Feel ya on the chaps/chainsaw pants problem. I just will NOT wear them in the summer, and my boss is starting to get pretty (read REALLY) pissed-off.

Eric: Thanks for the response. Yeah... I've been really interested about the Conventional since Jack Bealar (hotsaws101 on youtube, and native O.G. Redwood faller of "Soft-Dutchman,"--check youtube--fame) touted it as being, "...more accurate, anyways..." than the Humboldt, which he's required to use in 90% of his work. Me?... always used a Humboldt since I'm a wanna-be timber cutter. Correction! Make that Has-Been That Never Was and Wanna-Be That Never Will.

O.k. so who else is ready to move his entire family and all his goats down to Eric's off-grid community? Better not post yer address, brother... It'd be like a mass migration of Clampets!! :lol:

Thanks Zane. I'd way rather have been a logger, but it wasn't in the cards. 28"!!! DANG, brother... that's some serious cutting.

Reg: Feel ya on the chaps/chainsaw pants problem. I just will NOT wear them in the summer, and my boss is starting to get pretty (read REALLY) pissed-off.

Eric: Thanks for the response. Yeah... I've been really interested about the Conventional since Jack Bealar (hotsaws101 on youtube, and native O.G. Redwood faller of "Soft-Dutchman,"--check youtube--fame) touted it as being, "...more accurate, anyways..." than the Humboldt, which he's required to use in 90% of his work. Me?... always used a Humboldt since I'm a wanna-be timber cutter. Correction! Make that Has-Been That Never Was and Wanna-Be That Never Will.

O.k. so who else is ready to move his entire family and all his goats down to Eric's off-grid community? Better not post yer address, brother... It'd be like a mass migration of Clampets!! :lol:
Yep. Jack is a great faller!

With high temps and high humidity here the saw pants get put aside here, too. Clarity of thought when wearing saw pants is severely impeded in our current weather conditions.

I've said the same thing for years. Actually I have never worn a pair of chaps or chainsaw pants. But if it is too hot to wear them 6 months of the year, then it would be hypocritical to wear them the other 6 months.

Also, being a bucket slug for the last several years the only time my legs are in danger is when I'm putting the saw into the scabbard.

I'll put them on when I feel certain conditions are upping my odds of getting cut. Triple digit weather, hard to go all day with them. Winter, love having the padding and warmth. Nice insulation when up close to a burn too.
With OSHA tailing folks, I have been more dilligent.

Nice thing about being a sole member LLC with no employees... I can tell OSHA to buzz off, at least ppe wise.

Safety officer told me I can cut in my underoos and flip flops, and he cant stop me. :)

Yes, that is a nice arrangement, there are two of us at work, no employees so we get to make our own ppe standards.:thumbup:

I wear them every day, except when it's really really hot. Anyone who works for me (using a saw) has to wear them even if I don't.

Interesting about the saw pants. And the employee, or lack of.

Dave's self employed. I can't really put conditions on him but discard them myself. We are mostly up against it as is....often doing the work of what should be 3 or 4 guys overy the couse of a day
. We need to be moving fast and thinking clearly....not handicapped and over heating with PPE. I'm not in a position to just work half as hard, or charge twice the money. So you must decide, which poses the greater danger. I don't expect everyone to agree, but I just do what I think makes the most sense.

Ha, I'm, wearing saw pants with long johns as well in this weather. Barely getting into double digits at the moment and the wind is coming straight from Antarctica, I even put the gaiters back in to stop the drafts coming up my legs...:O
Flip back to Bermuda and it will be interesting to see how long I can manage in my Pfanner ventilations with a bathing suit underneath ready for the end of the day...:/:

Dave's self employed. I can't really put conditions on him but discard them myself. We are mostly up against it as is....often doing the work of what should be 3 or 4 guys overy the couse of a day
. We need to be moving fast and thinking clearly....not handicapped and over heating with PPE. I'm not in a position to just work half as hard, or charge twice the money. So you must decide, which poses the greater danger. I don't expect everyone to agree, but I just do what I think makes the most sense.

In your present setting, that is.

Back in good old England the biggest danger would be getting caught by the authorities while running a saw, and not wearing proper PPE.

If one of my guys got cut seriously , while not wearing saw pants, I might as well close up and kill the company.

Partially from the fine and partially because nobody would hire us for logging once word of that got around!

When it got too hot, lots of guys just wore shorts, Stig. Same as in Australia. I don't recall anyone looking over their shoulder, living in fear of 'authority'.

I thought England was really big on following " The rules"
Never worked there, that was just my impression.

Depends who you talk to. There are indeed a lot of rules....but until they start microchipping us, we are still free to use our own judgement.

I've never agreed with working in shorts. I've worked for many guys who wore shorts but they were all dangerous and tended to think they knew a whole lot more about safety than they did.

I thought similar, until I tried climbing big trees in 40 degrees C. Some guys don't like to be without long sleeves, or gloves even. Their preference.

I rock shorts in the summer. Usually high wool socks to prevent shredding my legs, but way more comfort and clear thinking going on.

Back