The Official Work Pictures Thread

Sean!!! So good to see you up in here, bro. Man... I'm still runnin yer wrench... our new safety guy told me, "Dude, I'd think about replacing that if I were you." I'm gonna try to buy an Akimbo and then I'll mail it (what's left of it) back out to ya. Cool pic, man.

Stephen!! Dang, dude!

More than usually wet snow made a downright mess o this place...

unnamed-1184.jpg unnamed-1186.jpg unnamed-1187.jpg unnamed-1188.jpg unnamed-1185.jpg unnamed-1189.jpg

Are yu runnin high octane ethanol free fuel with stihl's silver bottled synthetic mix BOTS?

Looks like you're throwin goodly sized mounds O chips out the back of your saw!

Jomo

That is a little doughnut there...cut and chuck, I guess?

Looks like maybe you layered up those hands today? A liner inside the engineer gloves? Or are those some kind of insulated glove?

Just chunked it down until the stem would clear.

Kincos are kind of the standard winter glove around here. They're insulated, and quite warm. A big glob of Snow Seal and some time over the defroster in the work truck and they stay nice and dry too. . . Such is winter.

Ha, yeah Jim, that lanyard has several nicks in it. I was just pawing at it the other day, cable core, its still fine. Maybe next summer look at a replacement. Petzl has a cool one out now I want to try. . .

Cheers

Holy long bar Scott! Nice work,suckers are peelin over left n right!
Sam your shots are makin me cold mang,you are a beast!

Are yu runnin high octane ethanol free fuel with stihl's silver bottled synthetic mix BOTS?

Looks like you're throwin goodly sized mounds O chips out the back of your saw!

Jomo

91 octane with Stihl's silver bottle...stock saw ;)

My firewood buddies do fair size chip mounds with their Timber Wolf chop saw too.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    249 KB · Views: 72
Some of my pruning work that looks like nothing's been done.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    250.4 KB · Views: 70
Much wind with the snow, Jed? Likely that you had more snow than us. What kinda accumulation?...
...Could stand a real work call. 5 days at home makes a guy stir crazy.

Won't be too long, bro, and careful whatcha wish for. Your work stands for itself. Yeah... my buddie in North Bend who is only 4 miles away from me, but a good 400' higher got 18", and we only got 9" over here in Snoqualme. Weird stuff though... Bellevue only got, like, 5 er 6, but it absolutely just trashed a ton a stuff.

Jim: Nahhh, man... I stinkin WISH.

Willie: Ya know... I gotta say that is IS most of the time. Trouble would be hauling all of my wife's goats and chickens down there.

Jomo: What kind of pine is that??

Forgot my phone at the house today and so missed some shots of a goofy Hemlock, but my buddy got a shot of this goofy ash we had to do with his iPhone. Kinda sucked. NOTHING to rig to. Basically just slid er down the bldg. :lol::|: No harm/no foul. :|:

unnamed-1190.jpg

Musta been high quality thick glass Jed!

Those Italian Stone Pines mate, Pinus pinea, supposedly the trees Saul had his conversion under in the bible, I guess bein struck blind's good impetus to change ways.

They're truly gorgeous trees, and can get pretty damn big if not butchered. Viewed from beneath all the leader spiral upwards in a mesmerizing manner, getting as much as 85-90 plus feet if they're really old.

I'll be workin a big ole storm damaged one tomorrow, couldn't take 90 mph wind gusts, but the ole fellers still standing n salvageable!

Long long laterals.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    261.8 KB · Views: 84
'nother Norfolk...

Attachments

• getting lower branches off.jpg
    getting lower branches off.jpg
    280.1 KB · Views: 82
  • going up!.jpg
    going up!.jpg