The Official Work Pictures Thread

20170209_071533.jpg 20170209_114158.jpg 20170209_120636.jpg 20170209_133848.jpg
In the mean time, the few i took today. Filing in the messy shop this am.
Client made lunch and coffee.
My 83 year old friend rode along today in the pouring rain. And all but 2 of the trees got decked in the driveway

Cool pics as of late Willie. Why'd you guys leave that huge wood-plug on the one corner... a swinger er just couldn't cut er up fast enough?

Nice pine, Jomo.

Fiona: Wow!!! Very cool.... And now... to unstick yer gear, right?

U.K. Rich: Looks like one heck of a climb... at least ya got the right climb-rig. :rockon:

Ohio Rich: Misery loves co. bro... stinkin poured sideways today. Check out all of these diligent immagrants at the dump with their pickups to capitalize on the snow. My hat's off to em. At least all our snow got washed down the river. :|: Ed showed up with the rental crane with absolutely NO RIGGING. Had to use my Tenex block strap to rig the wood with. :|::|::|::|::|:

unnamed-1191.jpg unnamed-1192.jpg unnamed-1193.jpg

Knew you'd see that Jed, I was waiting for it! That tree leaned heavily away from that post and pretty good head to it. I had Justin saw up the compression side and snugged some wedges there. I thought that would be enough to stop it from chairing. He started to cut the other side and it popped. He stopped to figure out what that was and I yelled cut cut cut! He jumped back on the throttle which I think stopped it from slabbing and stayed as long as he could. I just looked and got it all on go pro from a distance. We'll see what Meg can do with it. But if you look at that stump again you'll see that back corner cracked, that was the pop we heard

Good stuff Jed.

A guys gotta do whatta a guys gotta do tu get er done!

Nice lookin sling too, ruined, just ruined.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    152.4 KB · Views: 70
Every time I think I might want to go back to the PNW, Jed and Willie post some soggy looking pictures to remind me that I don't. Never will understand how you folks deal with the wet!

Willie, guess its all about the rate of precipitation... The year i was in Seattle was supposedly a light rain winter, and I still couldn't take the mist. Just googled, and apparently Maine averages about 40" of precipitation a year, but we get it it fits and starts so it seems drier i guess.

30"/year in Seattle. 45" in Olympia.

I think Forks, WA emerges from a lake in August for a few weeks.

Neighbors moved from coastal Astoria, OR, and called Olympia "Sunny".

Astoria definitely knows "wet".

Portland, OR averages 40 or so inches.

I live less than 50 miles east of there, foothills of the Cascades, but we get over twice that per year. Geography is the factor, for sure.

Good pictures, Andrey! That second picture...you are on a LITTLE bitty lead up there. Are you lowering the piece you just cut?

Back