The Official Work Pictures Thread

Mutant ponderosa Sam, best guess. Surrounded by ponderosa. Must have found an amazing water supply. We'll count some rings once I fall her.
Cha, gonna make some noise...lol

Mutant ponderosa Sam, best guess. Surrounded by ponderosa. Must have found an amazing water supply. We'll count some rings once I fall her.

Do you mean genetic variation, or is it an old, veteran tree with the top busted out again and again?

What cut were you using to blow those huge limbs?

I will know more once I get in the top Sean.
But I am wondering if it genetic. Possibly cross pollenization. Cones look right, needles look right. Dunno.
Coos bay mostly.

Stephen, I think it could be instructive if you can video some of those Coos Bay cuts on limbs as you do them. An idea to ponder....

Most likely a pondo, seen many like that. Genetics, environment and chance I'd say.

What have I started...Cha! is for a really big wow, not an everyday type wow...and, just to be paradoxical, when accompanied with sucking your teeth is an expression of discontent.

A few more from the archives...

Attachments

• IMG_1559.JPG
    IMG_1559.JPG
    508.8 KB · Views: 85
  • IMG_1558.JPG
    IMG_1558.JPG
    457.6 KB · Views: 84
That thangs a PIG Fiona! You such a badazz,when i was a kid I use to hate cleaning them (norfolk/starpines)up when they would get flopped whole,millions of pieces every where lol. Now I would say I enjoy floppin em whole hehehee

Looks like Juriassic Park trees to me! Cool shots.

Today is the first day I realized I can see sky through the piece you are pushing in your avatar...great shot! CHA!! (take that:D)

Back