The Official Work Pictures Thread

Over the shoulder lanyard technique for tending/ holding up the climbing system...
I go from my LEFT D ring, backward immediately, across my back on an upward Right angle, over my right collarbone, down to me bridge ring or tending tether, depending.

For pruning...
Its fast to shoot a non-isolated line and climb SRT, or conceivably use a Secret Weapon-style system (DdRT hung on the end of a non-isolated SRT-line that's base-tied), rather than stand in spurs all day. Do you advance a climb-line ahead of you, Jed, so as to mostly hang while cutting?

We need a big GTG again. An opportunity to share techniques and business strategies, as well a 'pass a good time', as Butch says.

We should think about the summer.

Thanks, Sean. That's kinda what I thought Jed was on about. That secret weapon thing, cool idea, never knew it was called that.

Thanks Cory, it was a cool tree to move around in. . . I'd like to pull a little tip weight off it at some future date.

Sean, I've been running a dedicated strap and biner just to advance. I keep it attached to my saddle and tucked in the pouch when not in use. . .

Cheers

Cory, as I hear it, the "Secret Weapon" was deployed at a tree climbing comp, as someone's secret weapon, speed foot lock up a single line, protected by a DdRT system hitched to the single line. Once at the right height, the climber "spikes" the access line, below the DdRT system.

Cory, as I hear it, the "Secret Weapon" was deployed at a tree climbing comp, as someone's secret weapon, speed foot lock up a single line, protected by a DdRT system hitched to the single line. Once at the right height, the climber "spikes" the access line, below the DdRT system.

I used it for a while.
It was an easy way to set a DRT TIP without having to futz around with a friction saver.

Just set the "Secret weapon" on the acces line, run up to the right height, switch over to the DRT system and go to work.

SRT climbing took the need for all of that away.

I used it for a while.
It was an easy way to set a DRT TIP without having to futz around with a friction saver.

Just set the "Secret weapon" on the acces line, run up to the right height, switch over to the DRT system and go to work.

SRT climbing took the need for all of that away.

Nice.

the climber "spikes" the access line,

?

Oh! A picture of official work.....lemme look.

Just have Bid Pictures.....Yawn.

73697f6c649dbdb6ad238d32342e195b.jpg

3ae19de71addc28fae62eafcb69896a2.jpg

358f60ce439d1e27ceb399d8ad44c38f.jpg

6e0029dee5e9d7fd912fa28e96c2ea17.jpg

Cory,
I don't know exactly, but "spiking" means to put a stopper/ blocker knot.

Common to spike with a Alpine butterfly, and maybe clip a biner to make it super impossible for something to cause the ddrt- to- access line hitch to slide down the access line.

Nice! Ruck. Good to see the little'uns getting their hands dirty. You guys bang out some serious work.

Pruned this 162' Doug Fir today as an option to removal. Probably went dang near 50% on the foliage... sorry to the ISA friendly, but it just mighta saved this pig's life. About 3 yards of chips, and it had already been heavily pruned about a year ago!!

View attachment 75571View attachment 75572

The Fir in the first image that is to the left is situated down the hill, so it's probably around 175'

Jed, I gotta ask, and I'm not being a dick here. But how are you measuring these trees ? Going from the height of the house which is a 2 storey, factoring in the camera angle and distance thay that photo was taken from the tree....its looking more like 90-100. But you're saying 162 and 175 ? What am I missing, or seeing incorrectly here ? Thanks

Uprooted live oak that hit home, started on Sunday...dont have any before pics but you get the idea, put a couple nice size holes in the roof and bonked the deck rails really fine :|:

017.jpg

018.jpg

030.jpg

Had to "one hand" the 440 with 32"bar on a couple cuts but lets keep this our secret :/:
026.jpg

Back