The Official Work Pictures Thread

Nice:thumbup:
You can keep that devils dandruff up north though. I told my boss I'm gonna start wintering in Florida 20 years early. I wish I could remember when I loved the snow:(

We got 10" last monday and another round coming they are saying 7-13" more this weekend. I really don't mind the snow it's the cold that sucks. Single digits with wind chills below 0 that's just not fun.

Thanks Ray!

The live oaks dont but the blues, valleys and blacks oaks have straight grain.

Jed, I gotta ask, and I'm not being a dick here... ...What am I missing, or seeing incorrectly here ? Thanks

Not at all Reg... Now about the seeing incorrectly bit: I can hardly telly you, except that the Fir in the image (I just scrolled back and looked, and yeah, my claims look totally absurd based on the images) That pig was sitting back from the house a good little bit. A braver man than I mighta tried to pop-off the limbs to land flat, via Gerry B's "Max-Cut," but unfortunately, I'm not that guy. I roped off the limbs from a block with a 200' three strand which my lowering guy had to tie a tail to because both ends barely reached the ground. I go: "Really!?? How high up the tree am I?!" They go: "Yer only probly, 2/3rds a the way up." Right there--since I had to prune the whole thing anyway--I determined to climb that pig to the tassel, but I only made it up to about 18' from the top cause it was super whipy and thin (wind-sheltered) and I was scared. I had a 122' (don't ask) climb-line. I go: "Hey Jake! How high's my stinkin line up off the ground?!" He goes: "About 30'." I said: "30'!!!" He said: "O.k. maybe more like 25'." I shoulda measured it with the 3-strand, but I was too lazy. The other one was just as tall, but the stump was sitting a solid 10' further down the hill. I sat there in the wind tryin to do the math, but I ran out of fingers. When I got down I said, "Gents, I was still about 18' from the top. That pig was about 165'. Funny thing though... I WILL say this... they didn't believe me. I go, "JAKE!! I'm six feet tall dude, do the math... you KNOW that that pig was another 12' above my hard-hat. He was like, "Yeah... I guess." Jake's an idiot.

Dude, I gotta 14" bar on my 201, and I'm tellin ya... the limbs I popped off were at least 8", and stinkin looooonnng.

Here's a nice Fir from today... Firewood loggin show. :lol: Man... this was a nice tree though.

unnamed-1144.jpg unnamed-1145.jpg unnamed-1146.jpg
unnamed-1143.jpg

Scott: Those storm-pics were sick.

Peter: yer the man in the cold and muck. Nice job.

Sweet pics Saw Jedi. We have a bunch of equipment going in this winter for service. Too many $$$$$ to count.

A guy I went to higschool with is taking a job in Cali to be a safety guy for some crews. 80-90k + a company truck and gas card. Doesn't even have to climb. I asked him if there were any other openings!! 😂

According to this link Jomo posted elsewhere, tree men in Cali are becoming millionaires from all the dead tree removals going on.

Stephen, can you confirm or deny?? ;)

Funny, in the article, the only numbers quoted add up to being thousandaires.

http://www.latimes.com/local/califor...129-story.html
Such a stupidly written article. The highest figures on day rate are in the thousands and that is three crews running with kit.
I see a lot of newer kit rollin... I bet a lot gets sold back out or repo'd when it all is done.

Thanks Jed. Ask one of the guys, no tell them to take some pics with you in the tree. Takes but a couple of seconds. They can text the images to you right after. Then we can lay the obsurdities to rest.

Got a little windy today. Low twenties out and the wind was gusting over 50. Took down a ash the was a leaner over a house. Sat right next to a big ole pig.
969c8d685a328468334717a2659d4e0c.jpg

It was the little guy next to the twin ash.
d82bc9d10de5d657cbf4e902687b95ea.jpg

Came down nice and easy. I only put in half day due to a VA appointment.

This morning we had the trucks ready to roll out of our lot. There's a pick up blocking our exit. Parked right in front of the cones we have.... so my pops walks down to the variety store. Asks for the guy with a red truck. Guy tells my pops yah hold on I'm getting a sandwich. So pops lets him know there was a guy running down the street with two chainsaws from his truck. The guy comes flying out of the store scrambling t stay on his feet. Pops tells him I was just friggin' with you, but seriously I need to you to move. I almost pissed myself when he told me what he said. 😂 sorry other tree dude but we had to roll out!!

Cool post, Jed! And more fine looking stumps. Which brings me to the question, do you cut any shitty looking stumps? If so, pics please.

Good story, DT

Cool post, Jed! And more fine looking stumps. Which brings me to the question, do you cut any shitty looking stumps? If so, pics please, ...

We'll get ya some tomorrow for sure Cory... We had a "Training Tree," for the City of Redmond today that the guys are gonna fall the stobs on tomorrow... They've never even cut before. Some "Training Tree," man... the stinkin thing was hung WAAAY out over the com-lines and the road. Jake did really, really well out of the bucket, but was too scared to climb up into the higher stuff, so I went up and got it and then just (second pic) chunked the wood straight into my truck from the stick. :lol: Man the tailgate sure didn't line the pressure of the rounds pounding in too much. :lol: I'll try to grab a pic of the tailgate tomorrow... she's bowed-out a hair. :|:

unnamed-1148.jpg unnamed-1147.jpg

unnamed-1149.jpg

When do you envision that happening?? Given all the dead trees and all the ones to die soon, aren't we talking decades??

they figure 5 years. That will become mostly clean up toward the end. Not all the trees will be cut down or removed. So as long as they are no threat to infrastructure or housing... they stand. Unless the forest service starts cutting fire breaks. Those will be mostly drop and maybe pile the slash.

Back