The Official Work Pictures Thread

...Giving me hope in my moment of disparity...

It's not a race, brother. I, myself am in the weirdest spot right at the moment... I just solicited the bosses for a pretty fat pay-raise... they said "yes," but that it would have to come in two different increments, and with the advent of, "bringing along two 'A-level' (corporate speak) climbers." I said, "It doesn't really work that way." They said, "Ahhh, we know, Jed... Just do whatcha can." :?:?

Here's my dilemma: The boss is actually PAYING me to turn old-man, which I would gladly do in the space of a heartbeat, but that every time I try to get one of the younger gents to do anything worth speaking of, he, "wouldn't feel comfortable." (Sound familiar?) But Rich, I am telling you: never, ever sweat changing responsibilities... It's inevitable for us all, anyways, and it can be (for me) really fun to see the younger guys (oh there's still one or two out there... don't let the media--r.e. "Millenials"--fool ya) step up to stuff that they never thought that they would be able to do.

Corey: To call them Mr. McGoo would not do their short-sightedness justice... I'm beating a dead horse into the ground at this point, when I get into one of my Alterna-Mat rants with them. It is their opinion that plywood is cheaper, "even in the long-run, Jed." I will say no more about it, because I am such a very, very good Christian and respect my bosses so very, very much. :X::evil::X

Ray: The tcm and the 540 both have heaps of power... it's my opinion that the tcm idyles better (more consistently) than the 540, but does it really matter much at this point: we're all trying to get back to the 200t which is a fool's errand anyways.

U.K. Rich: Thanks. Now if I may push my luck a bit... who ported it, and how much did the work cost, relative to the price of the saw, or... do you feel like it's worth it? etc. Thanks.

Awesome Saturday, today: just fell this Pinus Loadedicus (via the bore-cut), chipped up a Crab Apple, and then cut a split lead out of a Cottonwood... back at the shop by 10:15.

unnamed-1128.jpg unnamed-1129.jpg

FINALLY! A beer I can drink with the kids!

unnamed-1130.jpg

Saturday work sucks imo, but if you're done by 10:15?? Well that sounds pretty nice. :drink:

IMG_20161202_120005122.jpg IMG_20161202_133512524.jpg IMG_20161202_115925298.jpg IMG_20161202_133507590.jpg

This looks like an old stump sprout maple, one trunk already failed, that's been growing on the edge of the clearing for the house. Homeowner cleanup. No rigging. Pulled the top, to be certain. Windy, steady, not gusty. IMG_20161202_100426539_HDR.jpg IMG_20161202_143639744.jpg IMG_20161202_100426539_HDR.jpg

Jed, I bought the saw off one of the owners of a company I climb for. It had seized and I gave him 200 gbp for the saw with a 25" bar and a couple of chains.

I sent it to the guy guy who does all my saws. A chap by the name of spudulike on Arbtalk. Fully prepared to pay for a pot and piston to repair if needed, he managed to polish out the scoring as it was damaged above the port and not effecting compression. He has polished and enlarged the exhaust and inlet ports and fitted a duel port exhaust muffler bought on eBay. Can't remember if he advanced the timing on this one or not? He then tach tuned the saw and gave it back. I paid 180 quid for all the work and rebuild. He is a good guy who tunes them more as working saws as opposed to racers. Used to tune 2 stroke race bikes back in the day.

I picked up the Sugi bar at a local shops bargain bin for 80 quid and a chain and it proper rips through the wood and is very loud. Good power and spits out a lot of saw chips.

Well worth it IMO. It gets better the more I have used it.

I have changed the sprocket to 8 pin.

I've been slacking on taking pictures and posting them. I just bought a new camera for my wife so hopefully I can get her out to the job site to take some more shots for us.

Here's two 15+ maples we put in. Didn't get an exact measurement. These were the biggest we put in so far. Was definitely a learning experience trying to get them off the flat bed and into the hole.
c924deb3afe000d0f501799bc379f336.jpg
ccbcb9812d2b7efd8f3eb9b95b4a0bed.jpg
ce1643a3b9ea98fbf3214126d0a9badc.jpg
8642b16417f963a06f6cbcbd75780ca3.jpg
4691719be604588c6d6028913a1e58b5.jpg
d719bdbaf6ff03e37614a9331d50d22e.jpg
cf07b94732878752fc3c5115303e652a.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Nice size red oak removal near a house. Brought the crane in and also had him drop two pieces of the butt into our dump trailer, weighed about 13k together. Getting my pop a mill for Christmas so we're gathering nice logs now. I forgot to take some shots on the first half of the canopy. We just picked up the 1390xp at the time these pictures were taken and I was amazed watching it demolish almost he full pick. What an improvement over our 250xp. I think we're going to refurbish the 250 this winter break.

d618259ccd786b2be388b1b2b62fd0f6.jpg
ddf91ae5f3201054ef19307459d5cc56.jpg
3612043234b21a0f7c487a93efd057f6.jpg

Big swamp maple on a property line. The neighbor didn't want us on his property since he just dumped a crap load of money renovating his house and yard. We got him to take down part of the fence though. The customer made him sound like an ass when we estimated it. Turns out he was a retired Marine CSM. Told my pops, that's why he doesn't want us walking on his grass. Lol. It's starting to seem like a pattern that I don't get shots of the whole job. Was a lot of technical rigging the leaders out of the neighbors yard over to our drop zone. The neighbors yard still looked brand new and he gave us a 50 tip each and 100 to my pops.
3b21023d2b53d1c29e9fdd3c2acf24df.jpg
efba94f8d64516b6c9225b54b89036ad.jpg
37fa3ca12b6c0d4c3b677d4e94727eb8.jpg
928231da9d2aecf05ae7f89f7718ce91.jpg
fcf4d23374010c09052ecadfa760d1de.jpg

Love that shot of the butt of that log, Ruck.

Sean: That's a cool pic of you standing by all that cut-up stuff. Pretty good job-org!

UK Rich: Thanks very much... I'm really wanting to get a Jack Beale (hotsaws101) saw right now, but can't justify it. I think I just need it to ease my jealousy of Sam's set-up.

Ugh Jed, you're the one who showed us Jack and his saws in the first place! I'd love to have that guy work on this 390 of mine. . . maybe that could justify a trip out west. . . to drop the thing off?

I'd love to see you get a 661 worked over by Jack! Even his 461's look amazing.

Cheers

IMG_1369.jpg
Going around making messes today. Me and my ropeman are laying out a ton of plywood and getting the trees down while another crew is following behind.

How does that work for you, Rich?

I get to leave messes time to time. The amount of necessary moving of material to have a safe work area/ exit routes/ drop zones is missed by many homeowners.

It works out ok for me. It's kind of a PITA when we need to rig stuff out. The tee box is just on the other side of the pic. The clean up crew said it wasn't that bad except for with all that dead ash there was a ton of little tiny pieces and no loader to scoop them up. We laid out 400 sheets of plywood today plus got two trees stripped out. The other crew stripped out and cleaned up the half from Friday's tree and chipped my first one. To be honest they are being punished a bit for goofing off last week. All I heard when I got in was about a rain out tomorrow. I can't remember what a rain out is like but I don't melt like sugar, I clump like shit.

Sounds like a sweet gig for both of you Riches.

Sam: Dude.... you can have our upstairs room anytime and for as long as you like. There's a futon and a flatscreen up there. The only thing that might piss you off is that Agnes's Legos are up there, and four-year-olds can be pretty entitled... but then you might be better off having Bobby Walker (http://walkerssawshop.com/wp-content/uploads/2016/11/contact-info-walkers.jpg)up in Nanaimo do it. He's darn-near six hours from here, because of the border, but Jack would be closer to twelve. Bobby'll make a Husq sing songs that you didn't even think were in it's range. All the home-brew you can drink, brother... I'm not kiddn ya!

Just pruned this gorgeous double Fir today and took some slack out of the Cobra. I go, "Ed (shop manager) where the heck are the chains for my truck?" He goes, "Ah we had to get rid of em, they were too worn-through." :|::|::X:|: TONS of snow in the mts. and even a hair-bit down here.

unnamed-1131.jpg

Back