The Official Work Pictures Thread

OMG Sam, you have too much pretty gear! Love your pictures :)

Fair enough Rich, custy wants the job done by a set time, git 'er done!

Cool pics Sam, you've got the best looking gear around! You guys out west don't have a corner on the market of gray pines. Took down this beetle kill and a gnarly coastal long leaf. Several more beetle infested at the first spot. "I'll be back".
View attachment 75283View attachment 75284View attachment 75285View attachment 75288

Nice pics Ray!!

Didnt think you had any beetle down your way....looks like blue wood fungus fo sho!

I think you gunna be really busy for awhile Ray...mabey less fishing and hunting?...lol

Oh, MAN... Ray got a new phone! Sweet pics. Love the stain.

Peter: That was a good tree, man. Good Job.

Ohio Rich: Something about that Silver Maple pic will rattle around in my head for a good little while. Can't explain it. Blows my mind how regularly you and U.K. Rich do jobs that would make me sick to my stomach. (For their difficulty.)

Biggun: Better you than me mate. Looks like an absolute TON of climbing. Man, those broadlimbs have got to make a man out of a guy.

Sam: You and Sean are a couple of MEN. I'd be scared on zip-ties even if it was better for me. Sometimes I'll hold the unclipped flip-line (still around the stem) with my left hand, and make the cut with my right. :|:

Fi: HA! Yeah, me too! I'm so shy and retiring too! Oh, hey though... guess what... just by the way, minde you... check out this flare-butted pig from today. :lol:

Before. Second-growth goose-pen? Gosling pen?
unnamed-1112.jpg

After:

unnamed-1121.jpg unnamed-1114.jpg unnamed-1115.jpg unnamed-1116.jpg

Well go ON you fat-butted PIG!

Attachments

• unnamed-1118.jpg
    unnamed-1118.jpg
    67.8 KB · Views: 44
  • unnamed-1119.jpg
    unnamed-1119.jpg
    76.5 KB · Views: 46
  • unnamed-1120.jpg
    unnamed-1120.jpg
    72.5 KB · Views: 47
Turned up today to dismantle/remove a stone dead Horse Chestnut stem. It had been pollarded about 4 years ago and never recovered. Chestnut that long dead over here turns to mush. I kept gagging out when up one of the leaders but managed to chunk that down in three pieces and then decided to flop the stem.

Used railway sleepers, truck tires on the customers path and then sheets of ply. A perfect goalkeepers glove or catchers mitt as someone out it in here. The fell went to plan and no dammge to the path. Easy to cut up as well as it was so far gone.

Customer wanted the stem left at a metre high.

53b2199c2d33029e7ba60f0ef46dabc9.jpg

0a8672c215e40cea5d2782811541e851.jpg

Rich

Yes we did Mick.

The hardest part was the cleanup as the first three chunks exploded on impact when they landed. There were two gofers on the wheelbarrow, back and forth to the truck.

Early finish all the same.

Back