The Official Work Pictures Thread

Found this when I got to my job today
image.jpg
About 110' of white oak. Leaning pretty good to the south. We had it stripped out by lunch and flopped a 65' spar across the drive onto the fire wood. Even with the wieght removed I was worried about it staying together to fell it.
image.jpg
It managed to follow the notch but popped and creaked dome the time I started my face cut till it let loose in the back cut.
image.jpg
ive been saying this blower needed replaced for a month now. I sent this picture to the boss with my offer to mod it free of charge. He showed up with a new one 30 minutes later:lol:

Dang Rich,you take that n stride huh. Nasty lookin mess. That's some damn fine service on the replacement blower👍

Few palms I trimmed after lunch,i hit the one on the right side of the driveway with the tie in point you see there,didn't have to climb it a bit and didn't have to do any swinging act 😎
9a70c5a6b0f4cd1308557e1820fe46b2.jpg

How cold did it get up there today Willard? Only in the mid 80's here. Not near cold enough for Lake Erie to freeze over so I'm fairly sure hell didn't either8)

Yous guys are killing it.
Rich, that was an ugly oak mang. You carry binders?

My little fatty today.. incense cedar. Need to sheet the roof before I top it. All stripped out today. I think Jason stripped and topped 6 small ones and helped chip while Mike and I lowered this one out. Crane will show up tues for the logs. I'll square rig her down to about 75 feet. Logs will be milled. 120-130 footer. I'll get better measurements tomorrow. Getting really crispy up there. See how small I can make the top. IMG_0007.jpg IMG_0008.jpg IMG_0009.jpg

I'm surrounded :lol:

Attachments

• IMG_0011.jpg
    IMG_0011.jpg
    397 KB · Views: 61
You have got that mess figured out, Willard. Good job on that nasty tree.

Stephen...a BIG ugly thing there...lots of brush for sure.

A mess of a tree, Rich...good show on getting her down like that. I laugh at how well you manipulate your boss.:lol: Y'all have to be a hoot to be around.

Great stuff guys.
I let him think he's in charge Ray. :lol:
First job of the day was a lightning struck 100' cherry at a country club. I was able to rig it all from the bucket pretty simply and it went quick
image.jpg image.jpg
His most of the wood behind the edge of the woods so it wouldn't be unsightly for the holiday weekend. They keep all the wood for some reason. It was 32" dbh and not a spot of rot. Would've made a beautiful log.
Then went over to remove a couple beaver damaged trees for the parks department. They were along the property edge and threatening the condo people
image.jpg
A quick easy climb plus 3 easy drops. Two were leaning the wrong way but in the spirit of Billy Ray I did the back it first method. Worked like a charm.
Finished the day doing a hazard prune at a college campus. Why they didn't do it before school started is beyond me. Sorry no pics of that, but the views were great;)

Yeah that's beautiful Grendel. Beautiful.

Griff: I love seeing your pics, bro.

Stephen: I can smell that pig from here. That Hobs should handle some huge chunks if that pig's dry eh? Nice pics.

Peter: Looked like a TON of brush, brother.

Rich: You are the MAN! You got a TON of guts fallin a hollow pig like that. Is that another new 661, or do you just clean your stuff better than me?

Transpiration and a light wind was enough for this 9" Cottonwood limb to smash a young, female jogger last Friday, placing her in Critical Condition in the hospital. :(

unnamed-974.jpg

It fell from about 80' up this 125' pig.

unnamed-975.jpg

The City of Kirkland decided to kill that pig just to try to make her family feel better. The effectiveness of this policy, I highly doubt... but I sure had a fun time killin er. :evil:

unnamed-976.jpg unnamed-978.jpg unnamed-977.jpg

Stinkin Witches' Tit rookie hinge, but it didn't seem to disturb the shot much... fell about a 50' stick back leaning to about 15 degrees. The boys didn't think that our Swinger tractor would get er, but with the wedges, she lifted over right easy.

unnamed-979.jpg

Damn Rich, you put some serious trees down on the daily. You and Jed, straight assassins! You guys ever do........pruning work????:?

That's gnarly! Must have been a good feeling to take it down, hopefully the lady recovers well.

That's enough interesting, cool, manly, monster tree slaying...here are some nice boring pruning shots from this morning at the golf course. :|:

Attachments

• 160901_003.jpg
    160901_003.jpg
    268.4 KB · Views: 39
  • 160901_004.jpg
    160901_004.jpg
    276 KB · Views: 39
  • 160901_005.jpg
    160901_005.jpg
    486.7 KB · Views: 40
  • 160901_006.jpg
    160901_006.jpg
    445.6 KB · Views: 39
  • 160901_007.jpg
    160901_007.jpg
    372.7 KB · Views: 39
  • 160901_010.jpg
    160901_010.jpg
    461.9 KB · Views: 40
Ray, that old bit of Imori has been carrying my HH for a couple years now. It's holding up very well, gets choked around the spar so I have to switch ends when it's sappy. . .

SRT it has a bit of bounce and does flatten out a little under load, but on the whole I'm very happy with how it's held up. It's mated with the HH now, and provided I can keep the sap off, runs smooth.

Cheers

Transpiration and a light wind was enough for this 9" Cottonwood limb to smash a young, female jogger last Friday, placing her in Critical Condition in the hospital.
Wow what's the odds? Tough break for her. Glad you took vengeance on that thing Jed. Good work as always.

Back