The Official Work Pictures Thread

Thanks for documenting your day Jed, glad you get the odd easy one.

Interesting about the sloping cut, ask him what it's all about next time you see him.

Ray, they should fab that crane into a kboom now, it's halfway there....
:lol:
I found out a little more about the crane accident. The guy doing the sawing was in a bucket and was set up under the crane. When the piece came off and the crane started to fail, the crane's boom came down on the upper boom of the bucket and mashed it all the way to the ground. The guy in the bucket was scared out of his wits but came out unscathed.

Interesting about the sloping cut, ask him what it's all about next time you see him.

I will Mick. I'ts obliquely interesting at least... why the "coroneting," (thanks for the term, btw... I'd never even heard it till I'd "met" you English guys via the House) trick should be on the outs, while the sloping cut is "in"... This is all assuming that there's some viable institution behind it. Will it look more natural after decay... when it's, say... half way through the snag's "life"?

Ray: Insane stuff. Thank God that guy's alright. .......................Wow.

Stripped up a few lil eucs for flopping or crane,not sure which yet,we are taking the whole row...
ffc1c27579ec95de7eb59ee43e4db672.jpg
1ca98df5c3909a7416210baaa8968f7a.jpg
5f1a475cf6207a0299c914cc5b1c7641.jpg
i know they are rather uneventful pictures,just trying to contribute!
6bc7799a91f05d883805ea3afa6b3774.jpg
the row being almost all of them down the block

That's some crazy tough terrain to get around in there Griff, looks pretty eventful to me! Was the reason for not topping the tall skinny one to keep some weight on the downhill side?

They have the chuck'n'duck type chipper,poor fellas. I left the top/tops intact so i can shoot a pull line with the big shot if need be,also will help dampen the impact if i end up felling,there will be major impact on the street/sidewalk if dropped,the angle is extreme like the heads are gonna be hitting first with the weight of the trunk behind em,there are utilities scattered throughout as well...

I'll definitely document the remaining work,may fill a few days here n there but it's scheduled for end of September to bring a lift and possibly a crane for the trunks,honestly I think I'll end up climbing em all to get the brush off and then we pick with crane,time will tell!

Great pics Samuel. Since you didn't have a crane on it yet, how do the guys get that stuff out? Rigging would leave one treacherous drag to the chipper and bombing has to just shatter everything plus the drag. Looks like a crane would be the ticket for that whole job.
image.jpg
Speaking of uneventful, this is what I did yesterday. Cleared the regrowth off of this ditch back to that big elm. Took this pic before we started and before I sat through the hour long safety video and before I was told that no cameras are allowed on site. 10 hours of pure drudgery but it pays well. That is only two years of regrowth. I'm considering adding a chemical application license to my list of certs and qualifications I need to acquire. A bit of roundup seems a lot easier to apply than cutting on the banks every two years.

Rich,I started on those smaller ones cause we don't think the crane can reach that section. I dropped some limbs that made it all the way to the chipper n we just toss the logs down. The smallest one to the left the guys dragged the brush down,it does explode upon impact on all the rocks,we are more concerned with dislodging a large boulder. They are understaffed,he had me come out for a day to clean up! I said sure,same rate wayy less responsibility.

For re growth clearance that looks like some of the most enjoyable there,nice cool natural setting,better than the field!

Justin...that's a Montage of 4 pictures. Basically adding an underground garage.....they were digging around that redwood.....amazingly enough they only hit two tiny roots wrapped around a leaky sewer pipe......

No luck on that setting you proposed Samuel. It's slag parking lot just outside of my camera lens on both sides. 8' high fence on one with barbed wire.
Thanks for the explanation from your pics. I didn't even consider the worry of falling rocks

Funny how that works,i see the bit of water and just think the best,of course it's always some trashy area were vagrants congregate...

Back