The Official Work Pictures Thread

It's still all good even though it sucked. It's billed by the hour and that time includes all the movies and inspections they want to do. An hour of billable time is spent setting up and picking up cones in an empty fenced in 3 acre parking lot. For as safety conscious as they are, I'm surprised they have a ditch like this on the property. They had two guys on fire watch for an hour after we left because we used gas powered tools.

The last photo is a tree right on the roadway. Russia - a country of surprises.:)
Looks like it's been bumped a time or two.
I stopped the right of way crew here last week and asked them what they were spraying and it was Rodeo. I was kind of concerned as they were spraying along the bayshore in the rain. I think it is designed to control aquatic growth, don't know what it will do to our seagrass.

I'll look that up. Thanks.
Max your pics are always interesting. What was that thing you were standing on up in the tree? Looks like a nice way to climb.

Just messing with you. Sure you had your reasons to use a ladder. Great pics.
Good stuff Willard. Always like seeing your rig. Wouldn't work for my scenario but I can appreciate the benefits of it.
image.jpg
I was told to deadwood and clean this tree up. "Make it look good" is what I was told. Did a canopy reduction, deadwood, and slight thin out of what was left. I'll have to drive by and get my finished pic. Got called to an emergency right as we finished cleaning up. My first thought was one big pruning cut about four inches above grade but I don't think the PO would've agreed. :O

I made It look decent. I'm not good with these jobs. Previously topped hard. Lots of cracked and broken limbs. The tree is in decline so I decided to reduce to retain the tree. Kinda looks like a ball now, but it should be ok for a while and doesn't look like a hat rack. looks good if you like that sort of thing.

4 1/2 hrs total brush is all chipped...

SheeeeeeSH! Sir, you are just plain KILLIN it... Killin it sideways. That is some really hard and impressive stinkin work... specially Single Jack. DANG.

Sgrif: Really cool job and pics... thanks for the posting, and good luck on the stems.

Max: Thanks as always. Really interesting pics, and amazing country there sir.

Rich: Elm suckers back like nothing else. Did a job almost exactly like that about three years ago. Mix your bar oil with Garlon. ;):lol:

Mick: Oh, no not the Coronetting... I had meant to ask (Roy) about the new "Sloping Cut," but I forgot. :|: You see... when I make these promises... I'm already two pints in. :|:

Great pics!

3 loads of brush, one load of wood tomorrow then stump grinding. My dumping spot even left the gate open for the last load of brush for me.

IMG_20160831_103809.jpg

IMG_20160831_123634.jpg

IMG_20160831_184647.jpg

Back