The Official Work Pictures Thread

I just read it Jed. I understand the situation completely. Take over and then go help. At least ( by the sound of it) your guy is fairly new. The guys I'm with could do it if they wanted to but act like they can't. Back in the 90's they were the guys, in my neck of the woods

Nice pics and explanation Jed.

I'm using the battery husky a lot now Willard, I shelled out for another battery which is a must really.

One thing I've noticed, I have a bigger chipper now so with a combination of the battery saw and less cutting up to get the stuff through the machine, we drive back with nearly as much petrol as we left home with in the morning!

Bizzaro.

Monsters! Sounds like there are way too many chiefs there Jed.
You don't know the half, Ray. And when you move waaaay on down the chain to us field foremen, it doesn't get any better. No sooner did I and the other removal foreman (a good friend of mine) get out there to help, but those two got into this huge emotional conflagration. Little chiefs bangin heads.

Cory: We've got an ancient little knuckle-boom crane. The rails on the sides just slide down into the flatbed, and then we chain the loads down. I'll Throw some pics up soon enough.

Rich: That's really weird and hilarious to me, but the opposite from our shop. Chris Maragulia (the other removal guy) is from Philly, and he told me that it was like that back there too.

Williard: I've almost got our other removal foreman sold on the Husq electric top handle for his pruning jobs. (He's a bit organic--poor fellow-- and hates 2cycle fumes) I told him to get the extra batt.

Weirdest day. Super tall but very small (dbh) whippy little Alder over two different playsets and a fence, a tiny bit of elevation on a small Fir, and a "view-window," hog-out on another Medium Fir.... Price: $1,400.00. Man these new, young salesmen are killing it! Back in time to flip blades and sharpen saws and dork-around posing with nursery trees.

unnamed-765.jpg
This was the coolest nursery (decayed Hemlock log fostering a Red Cedar grown together with a Big Leaf Maple) stump.
unnamed-764.jpg unnamed-764.jpg
Formerly "InbredJed," now trying to style himself as merely, Jed. (That's Jedidiah to you, Cory.)
unnamed-761.jpg unnamed-760.jpg
Found this "chipper epiphyte" as we flipped blades.
unnamed-762.jpg

Racking up another good post.

Fun pic of the chipper epiphyte, but that would drive me nuts, gotta blow off dem machines after a job.

Good word though, I learned me something:

An epiphyte is a plant that grows harmlessly upon another plant and derives its moisture and nutrients from the air, rain, and sometimes from debris accumulating around it.

Anyone ever tell you that you look a bit like Chris McCandless...

Tall skinnies are fun, sometimes. Other times, not so much. Cool pics Jed
image.jpg image.jpg
Just a silver maple removal, nothing out of the ordinary is what I was told. Really it wasn't. Just big for a 3 man crew to deal with. Second pic is what we had left for this morning. Ran around to four little jobs this afternoon. Starting my week end early. Going to finish mowing and start packing for camping this week end. Hoping to relax and hopefully the kids and I will at least catch enough fish for a snack.

Bushy sucka.

It feels like summer now, doesn't it?? Nice weather and a 3 day weekend.

4 day for me! I always tack an extra day or two on the holiday weekends. If it doesn't rain I'll be planting the rest of the garden on the holiday.

26d173f10c9b0af1c340390696db596d.jpg

Bah humbug

Omg, I remember when my truck went on the hook, watching it disappear down the road, not a good feeling.

Haha, no, that's old faithful, been paid off for years.
Guys thought the rearend went out, I'm leaning towards a broken axle.

Yeah that'd be just like Willie to default on his payments. :lol: Speaking of clean guys, Cory... I'll bet Willie'd give you and Brendon a run for your money. He's a clean machine, man... his whole shop, all his stuff... everything. He's a Simple-Green man. Bottles of the stuff from Wal-Mart.

The Into the Wild, guy right? Man, he was crazier'n a road lizard. (Pot callin the kettle black) I think he missed his monastic calling... ah well, maybe in a better world.

Rich: Good on ya brother... a much needed respite. Man you guys routinely do some huge trees. Much more difficult stuff too. Heavier wood at harder angles. Take a break, man.

Ray: Thanks. Get some more of them Southern Pines up or I'll have to pull Butch out of retirement.

Great run of pics! Here's my piddly one.

A contract job from another "tree and landscape company". I was supposed to have help clearing the fence line of dead olives and manitoba maples, but didn't get any. Maasdam filled in. Some of the trees reached back 30ft to a sidewalk on a bridge behind the property and into some overhead wires. Still have 2 pines and a spruce to climb to take down, I'm thinking I won't get help. In quoting and setting up the job the guy overlooked the underground utilities in the backyard. He wants the job done as soon as possible, locates are going to hold up the stump grinds, may be even the takedowns.

IMG_20160527_130652.jpg

IMG_20160527_122322.jpg

Back