The Official Work Pictures Thread

@davidwyby I wasn't judging you or saying that's bad. I do it almost every time with minimal trimming. As long as everything stays on and doesn't touch the cars in the next lane, it's good enough for me.

@davidwyby I wasn't judging you or saying that's bad. I do it almost every time with minimal trimming. As long as everything stays on and doesn't touch the cars in the next lane, it's good enough for me.
…there are a lot of “tree guys” around here (wait til you see the cuts on those logs) that drive around with junk trailers, a bunch of loose limbs, and one rope strung back and forth on it…

Everyone looks at me like I’m crazy when I tell them I do tree work because that’s what they think of…

Would like to make tall solid sides for my trailer(s), but I keep saying I’m not doing branches…

I’d really like a dumper and ended up with a long hydraulic cylinder the other day. It occurred to me I might just build a dump box that can be plopped on whichever truck or trailer I’m using like my winch boom deal.

…there are a lot of “tree guys” around here (wait til you see the cuts on those logs) that drive around with junk trailers, a bunch of loose limbs, and one rope strung back and forth on it…

Everyone looks at me like I’m crazy when I tell them I do tree work because that’s what they think of…
Uhh yeah, those "tree guys". Damn those handsome devils making us look bad...:/: Screenshot 2023-04-26 131510.png

I had a similar situation end of last year.
18 x 80/90 ft poplars to cut in half, I hired a cherry picker and operator to get it knocked out double quick.
First day he turns up, picker not tall enough, total waste of time, 3 blokes looking at me for a decision, so I say ‘bollocks to it! I’ll climb them all’
Worked like a dervish, lowering, crashing, general yahoo stuff, got it done eventually.
Job ran over by a day so I only made a small profit.
Then the farmer (also the Mayor of the village) called me about my substandard stock fence repairs.
Long and the short of it I handed him 1k compo.
Customer a moaning dick as well
I’m laughing now..
FF6F22EC-6417-49D4-8A99-7642381E0688.jpeg

No good set up. Worst part is I told them yesterday it wouldn’t work. Just don’t have enough cribbing available. They just had to rig it down.
Grapple decided to give up this afternoon. Only lasted ten years. They don’t make things like they used to😆
I’ll get it welded back together tomorrow
IMG_6577.jpeg

Last edited:
Good eye. Hemlock it was and it was important not to nuke them. And the retaining wall was bread sticks

Last edited:
Back