The Official Work Pictures Thread

Sold for around $6.9 million if I remember correctly. Good deal.
By the way, the money received from the sale of Alaska went to the construction of the Trans-Siberian Railway (the Great Siberian Way) from Chelyabinsk to Vladivostok. Construction began in 1891 and ended in 1916. The length is 8,300 km . The longest railway in the world. From Moscow to Vladivostok is 9300 km. If you go by train, it will take 6 days, 22 hours, 28 minutes.

Last edited:
Curious about the micro tree on the branch you shortened. Looks like something I'd leave on my personal tree, but I wonder if it'll somewhat quickly grow into a problem?

Curious about the micro tree on the branch you shortened. Looks like something I'd leave on my personal tree, but I wonder if it'll somewhat quickly grow into a problem?
I think I know what one you mean. The end was dead. I took it back to the next living branch which was at least 1/3 the diameter. I hate taking things back to the trunk on a mature tree especially a poorer compartmentalizing one.

It's this guy...

View attachment 128154

It would be interesting to me to see how it progresses.
I’m hoping it will close over and put growth into the 2 branches at its end. I’ll usually do anything to avoid a trunk cut. There’s a few of those cuts between my neighbors home and mine. I check them periodically. I wouldn’t ever do anything like that if there was living tissue on the end. So many “least worst” decisions when pruning.

28E87871-66A3-4789-B985-7F02ECF84351.jpeg
Not a huge pick but my first in a mid span set up. Uprooted blue spruce on a house. Only good for 2500. That top was 1300. Knowing your log weight charts is important. We calculated for 50% capacity and I’m pleased with the results. Also a climber that knows how to properly rig for the crane helps

Back