The Official Work Pictures Thread

Mudville... getting hydroseeded.
Hard moving wood with sloping, wet clay soil.

Short days with many irons in the fire with a couple days at another job.

Got the bulk of the wood out from the whole job, chipping done, grinding done.
Customer wants more work added.

This stump stays...28" on an MS461. 20230321_155145.jpg 20230321_163421.jpg 20230321_163429.jpg

Is that salt or fresh water? Pls forgive me if I asked this before.

this city was founded by the Russians in 1834 and was called Redoubt of St. Dionysius. Alaska was sold by Russia to the United States in 1867. It is curious that the history of the Russian-Tlingit confrontation did not end with the sale of Alaska to the Americans. The aborigines did not recognize the formal truce of 1805 between Baranov and Katlian, since it was concluded without observing the relevant Indian rituals. And only in October 2004, at the initiative of the elders of the Kiksadi clan and the American authorities, a symbolic ceremony of reconciliation between Russia and the Indians took place in the sacred glade of the Tlingit. Russia was represented by Irina Afrosina, the great—great-great-granddaughter of the first chief ruler of the Russian colonies in North America, Alexander Baranov.

Last edited:
Wrangell was founded by Russians as one of the oldest non-Native settlements in Alaska. They started trading for furs with area Tlingit in 1811 at the site of present-day Wrangell. In 1834, Baron Ferdinand Petrovich Wrangel, then head of Russian government interests in Russian America, ordered a stockade built near the Naanyaa.aayí clan house of Chief Shakes, called Shéiksh Hídi. This house was located about 13 miles (21 km) north of Old Wrangell, on a small island in the middle of what is today Wrangell Harbor. The stockade, named Redoubt Saint Dionysius (Редутъ Санктъ Дионисіусъ), was founded at the location of present-day Wrangell and stood near the end of the small peninsula that forms the northeastern side of the mouth of the harbor.

I need to edit that a bit. There are a lot of neighboring islands and waterways that have Russian names ie. Woronkofski, Zarembo, Baranof, Chichagof, Kupreanof, Mitkof etc.

T
It is truly amazing what oine can learn in the 'House.

I knew about Alaska being Russian, but not the details.
Thanks.
yup. Today something I learned helped keep me from making multiple branch removal trips…climbing on top and mincing. Only threw the chain a few times…😆

(24” 3/8” skip is not ideal…)

Brush slashing can be infuriating. When I'm doing it, I'm generally using a small saw, and small saws usually come with small tip bars, and they throw chains super easy. That's one of the reasons I switch them to WoodlandPro bars. They have wider noses. Also makes it easier to bore.

48’ of flatbeds piled with branches…I hate branches…need to get my little chipper going. Didn’t have a ground crew. Dropped everything onto the truck, should have come down and tidied a few times. Was a hassle to sort and consolidate.

Dropped the spar on the trailer for @Burnham 😁. EF87EC3F-6314-407A-96CE-BFB95A65D326.jpeg DF5A7DE8-78D5-4293-B69A-DB41AF303D3E.jpeg 4466E551-BC05-40C2-9D5D-87521FA24731.jpeg

Mesquite is valuable this large (24”) too bad it was trash. Not enough maintenance in 12 years.
AE3B5C7A-B37F-4988-AFA3-8D453EA884EA.jpeg F631252D-6864-4904-BA49-3FEA05E4FB6D.jpeg C3F22100-D0DB-4307-9379-EEAC9933EB2F.jpeg

Brush slashing can be infuriating. When I'm doing it, I'm generally using a small saw, and small saws usually come with small tip bars, and they throw chains super easy. That's one of the reasons I switch them to WoodlandPro bars. They have wider noses. Also makes it easier to bore.
I had my 346 and my 2511. Didn’t sling the 2511 once, probably because I could see the tip. 346 tsumura bar.

When slashing, only stand on what has been cut to reduce binding.

Start the saw into the brush at full speed. Stop the chain when stationary, then pull it out of the brush.

It is truly amazing what oine can learn in the 'House.

I knew about Alaska being Russian, but not the details.
Thanks.
After it became clear that agriculture in Alaska was impossible, the Russians moved south and in 1812 founded Fort-Ross in California (80 km north of San Francisco). But Napoleon's invasion in 1812 and other events changed Russia's foreign policy, and the project of Russian America was closed. An interesting and paradoxical fact is that the first vineyards in California were planted by Russian settlers, not Spaniards.

Last edited:
Back