The Official Work Pictures Thread

Bid a job.
Dog (dogsitting GF's dog) took me for a ride in the van.
Got 3 dead single- trunks and a split, dying codominant doug-fir all down without incident. 1 trunk with the lean, one with wedges, couple pulled against their lean.
Root disease patch part 2.
Got them watering their trees before I left.
Lots of sw exposure. 20210803_114224.jpg 20210803_151815.jpg

Well, we can see that Brett is a stupid lazy bastid that never would even hit a snake if it was fixin' to strike...we all know this now.
:P;)

On the other hand, Sean's lady friend's dog is obviously pushing our friend to work really hard on those bids...:D.

Conclusion: dogs are always working harder than us peeps :lol:.

Last edited:
Well, yes...and that is a baddie on any scale Kyle, when having to deal with it working. But perhaps it is just my default position for hating on invasives in general, but I think English ivy is far the worst.

I'll send you some nice bittersweet cuttings to plant around your place. You'll have a whole new appreciation for English ivy :^P

I like it. Just not everywhere. I don't think I've run into Kudzu, actually I haven't noticed it lately. I used to see it all over in a few places, but they put in a new road and destroyed it in that area.

Sh#tty ivy, i think.

English.

With our climate, everything grows well, practically.

Our top invasives: English ivy, laurel, holly, scotchbroom, thistle... might have spotted Japanese Knotweed at my GF next door neighbors'.
They are not good property maintainers, unfortunately, since the death of a patriach, and his wife recently disappeared. Hopefully, back to Hawaii.

I was supposed to take off and tote bricks and mortar again today, but my brick guy called in sick. So we got a late start on a declining, lightning-struck pine. About 38”-40” across the stump. Pics are deceiving. Some of those limbs are over 8” diameter with the biggest one over 10” diameter. Failed to see the eater meter under some brush barely 3’ from the base, so I couldn’t bomb everything like I’d planned. (Had only planned on roping the three limbs nearest the trailer). Wound up having to rope them all. Had it stripped and topped in just under an hour. Start to finish just under five hours. One big load to dump, then got the rest in front of the Gehl for the ride home.

E2F2A0F8-4332-4776-A561-B14F4F9F639F.jpeg 7F2848C7-61AB-4693-948C-12FDF41F2E6B.jpeg

Attachments

• 4128578B-FC74-4A53-8F04-CDEC6943B70A.png
    4128578B-FC74-4A53-8F04-CDEC6943B70A.png
    6 MB · Views: 4
Speaking of rough rides, this was my worst. I’d told my son-in-law to take three wraps on the porty. He did, but was looking up and didn’t realize he’d backed around to where the side of the porty was riding hard against the tree, preventing it from running as it should. Knocked both hooks out in the excitement...

View attachment IMG_1930.mov

Last edited:
Great work story and pics, Treesmith! Thanks for posting.

Previously there was talk here of bad hits from pieces not allowed to run, I was gonna tell my worst story of long ago, but let's just leave that it looks exactly what is in Scott's vid except it was a top not a log. Doh!!!

Hella hit there,TS, damn!!!

Great pics Ruel!! What size is your chipper?

I rather suspect heavy impact to the chest...not much question as to how I come to this conclusion :). Playing the role of paddle-ball with a tree bole is not my idea of fun. Hurts to watch...reminds me of a few really badly roped pieces I had to endure.

Last edited:
Back