The Official Work Pictures Thread

The amount of times you are there to discuss a new project and trees need removing...

Potential client is giving the outline and you come out with, Definitely give us a call before you rebuild the shed/house/barn, re roof and landscape the garden.
The potential client looks at you as if you have spoken in alien. Some people are just oblivious to practical work.

Yep.
I made a bid 2 months ago on removing 9 large birch trees around a house.
Everything would have to be roped down because of the house.
As I got into my truck to drive off, the client casually mentions that they are going to tear the house down this summer and build a new one.

WTF??

I always ask what can be smashed, cheaper, or protected... Too many oblivious people.

I'm sure when they want to do phase 2, they'll be surprised at the cost bump after putting the fence back up after the storm, between bid and phase 1.

:lol: :lol: :lol: at Stig, Cobbleskill, Sean and others... absolutely blows me away... the backasswardness of a ton of stuff in this life.

Corey: You are easily the most perceptive man I've ever encountered in my life. Yes, I (as you discovered over the stinking internet!!!) just kissed the rust of the nail with the end of my back cut, but didn't even notice untill later when I went to take that pic. I'm running full-house Simington square-grind right now, and that stuffs insane. I didn't even notice kissing that nail untill later when ANOTHER nail stopped me dead in my tracks.

Dude. You need to get some pictures of all this cement and crap up in here, but I know you won't. "Where's the time.?".... I know, I know. I always tell our new guys: "If you guys think THIS stuff is hard, you should just try doing it on the East Coast." Easily TWICE the rigging show that we'd ever have the misfortune to encounter out here.

Burnham: You are way too mean and waaaaayyy too nice to me in alternating turns. What gives??? :lol:

Heya Stig. Why did you lay the fir across the log? I could see it in a residential setting to protect the ground, but isn't there a chance of damaging the wood in a woodland setting?

Makes limbing and bucking so much easier on the extremely wet ground that we suffer from right now.
Bucking a log that has sunk 5 inches into the ground is no fun.
If you do it close enough to the stump end it won't hit hard enough to break.
Doug fir that is, had that been a Grand fir or Noble, it would have broke across the other log.

More mistletoe madness. Had already started on the two over the shop roof the other day. The smaller one, the mice were using for a bridge onto the roof and chewed into the shop through a vent hole. Guessing. The rest is just mistletoe removal and crown raising. The larger one over the shop roof I had done before, needed it again. I do their trees 2 days every month. Just an ongoing job.......
Some before and afters. IMG_0466.JPG IMG_0467.JPG IMG_0471.JPG IMG_0469.JPG IMG_0479.JPG IMG_0480.JPG IMG_0481.JPG IMG_0482.JPG IMG_0485.JPG IMG_0488.JPG IMG_0466.JPG IMG_0467.JPG IMG_0471.JPG IMG_0469.JPG IMG_0479.JPG IMG_0480.JPG IMG_0481.JPG IMG_0482.JPG IMG_0485.JPG IMG_0488.JPG

Last edited:
Nice pics and beautiful land; I expect to see Caine emerge from the woods, walking barefoot and bedroll slung over shoulder.

Poplar reductions and stump grinder repair....

Small business owner baby..... Am I there yet?

Attachments

• 20200311_111158.jpg
    20200311_111158.jpg
    2.9 MB · Views: 20
  • 20200312_121524.jpg
    20200312_121524.jpg
    1.3 MB · Views: 16
Bodean, how many hours on your rayco?

You had to reduce those poplars?!? Nasty!

Working at the old linden alley at Frydenlund castle after being blown out of the job for 2 days.
Still pretty windy and rain and sleet all day.........................misery!
It finally dried up just before quitting time, so I could take some pictures.
P1070344.JPG P1070345.JPG P1070346.JPG P1070360.JPG P1070364.JPG P1070364.JPG

Topping the hell out of them, yes.
That should make them safe, if not exactly pretty, for some years, then they will replant.

Funny thing is, if you look at the pictures, they were originally pollarded at a height reachable from ladders, then for some reason let go.

They are nasty to work in, being so tall and slender, they really move around in the wind.

Back