The Official Work Pictures Thread

They’ll be fine, I love me a good topping.

Lapsed pollards like like that, once redone, will see you and me out, looking good as well.

Good job.

Nice lindens...

We take care of some that are only 20 feet tall... light reductions and co doms...

Hey Cory... The rayco has maybe 140 hours.
I heard a whirring and found an extremely loose belt... then checking bolts found a pulley bushing Allen key to be finger tight... turns out they put it in the puller hole and not the right hole when they installed the Alpine Wheel.... rather underwhelming warranty work over the phone and texting pics.... but after all I got it hammering again....

We worked in Silicon Valley yesterday.... like a ghost town... no one there... so we pruned some third floor Robinias...

That's my boss on the ladder on the phone trying to prune with long snips..... he's so funny.

That green thing is this crazy neon light algae ferns wall... it was dried and superglued....

Attachments

• 20200313_104731.jpg
    20200313_104731.jpg
    1.5 MB · Views: 23
  • 20200313_073059.jpg
    20200313_073059.jpg
    5 MB · Views: 22
Got it. My bad.

Mick... thanks.
I remember when the whole thing with Jay came to a head... Jay said something like you pick on him and I remeber saying Mick's ok... just a straight blunt irish guy... Then Jay left... anyway.
I think he wanted to leave anyway....

Reducing those poplars... I was humbled.... I sat there in the tree looking at cuts I made 3 years prior about 10 feet higher in the tree.... This time I was like frig that... reduced them to where i stood....

Mike did the other 2 sets of trees...

We basically prepped them for firewood chunking...

20200312_122435.jpg

That tree looks fun Steve.
Its about 7' DBH and about 90 foot high. David Byrnes (thattreeguy) and I pruned all the mistletoe out of it some years back. Took us 3 days. about 30 hours of climbing combined. Starting to get some mistletoe again so I'll probably have to solo it next year and remove the stuff trying to get a hold. Challenging climb.

Declining white pine removal and minor oak deadwood... until Sven got into the oak and realized dieback was way more extensive.

Oak grows through 2.5 stories of a playhouse.

Cut back to highest living branches. We'll see how it responds. Maybe get some more years out of it.

TIGHT LZ for a gig up here, oak too dead to zipline off, everything down in btw two structures. What a day!

20200315_103654.jpg

20200315_135045.jpg

20200315_162451.jpg

20200316_110604.jpg

SEAN!!! That was just so.....

Dude... thank you so much for those really good pics of that really cool job. Maine looks amazing.

Back